Compression of fruit at depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See you down by the pier at midnight.

I'll bring the banana, you bring the melons.

Sounds like a plan, stan.

Do you have any theories about what will happen to my melons and your banana at depth?

Sounds like a plan, stan.

Do you have any theories about what will happen to my melons and your banana at depth?

SaS,

My theory is that I don't think we're going to make it off the dock.

Well, in the spirit of this thread... if you guys ever test your bananas and melons, it'll still be better with pictures and video - even if you don't make it off the dock!

Well, in the spirit of this thread... if you guys ever test your bananas and melons, it'll still be better with pictures and video - even if you don't make it off the dock!

I'm not much of an exhibitionist but if Sas is good with it then go ahead and fire up your strobe.

Well, what's the water temperature? I don't want my melons to freeze.

Also I think n=1 is never a good sample size, so I think you should recruit some more people to bring melons along Steve.

This is an off-shoot of a thread regarding the pressure of CO2 in a can of soda. This topic was brought up, and just to test it, here are my results:

Take a tomato ...

Doc_Ed, If you're so inclined, can you show the tomato getting bent? That is, submerge the tomato in water in your pressure pot, leave a bit of airspace at the top of the pot, pressurize the pot and its contents, leave it pressurized for a while, then quickly decompress it. I can guess what will happen to the tomato, but I would love to see a video of this experiment.

Thanks,

Ronald

Well, what's the water temperature? I don't want my melons to freeze.

Also I think n=1 is never a good sample size, so I think you should recruit some more people to bring melons along Steve.

As far as temperature goes, you'll be warm enough, I'll see to that.

My friends would just contaminate the experiment, but you're welcome to bring along a few of your own, just let them know that melons are a requirement for the experiment.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Before we get carried away with the Banana/Melon experiments, keep in mind this is Basic Scuba, not The Pub

Doc_Ed, If you're so inclined, can you show the tomato getting bent? That is, submerge the tomato in water in your pressure pot, leave a bit of airspace at the top of the pot, pressurize the pot and its contents, leave it pressurized for a while, then quickly decompress it. I can guess what will happen to the tomato, but I would love to see a video of this experiment.

Thanks,

Ronald

Just so I know how long it should stay compressed, can you give me a few parameters, like say depth and time?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Before we get carried away with the Banana/Melon experiments, keep in mind this is Basic Scuba, not The Pub

You've been missed:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom