Computer Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

water goose

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
At my lds i have a choice between the shear water predator, liquivision xeo or x1, or the vr3 HD.
If anyone cares this will be needed for deep trimix dives so battery life will be a factor so post your use with any of these and why i should purchase or not purchase.

I have been using a VR3HD and was very happy with it. The Shearwater was getting rave reviews as a dive computer and hardwired setpoint controller for rebreathers. I purchased a rEvo CCR and included the Predator - Very impressed with the computer and purchased a second Predator with Fisher connector for OC/CCR diving. What I like about the Predator -
* Bluetooth connectivity
* Big OLED screen
* Like the VR3HD, replaceable battery.
* Very positive customer service stories.
* Mac and PC Dive Log Software
* Very easy menu/configuration

The VR3HD is a good solid computer but the button/menu system takes some getting used to. DeltaP discontinued the VR3HD and replaced it with the VRX which has a rechargeable battery which I'm not so keen on.

Xeo and X1 have great OLED screens but small. If you want a fisher connector, its an additional "box" that attaches to the side of the X1 and its not the most elegant solution. X1 does have a built in compass.

Dwayne

The Predator has an online class and is available in the simulator (both OC and CCR versions).

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom