Computer prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the insight. I bought the computer last night from my LDS for what I could have bought it for at LeisurePro. I ahve been dealing with them for 15 years and they treat me me better than great.

You here the normal story of the LDS not giving a good price and even my LDS probably wouldn't to the normal person that walks in off the street but I'm glad they did for me. i give them the price I can find on the internet and see if they can get close, if not, and if it's a big margin I will buy from the internet. Usually they are pretty good.

Thanks again for all the help
Nathan

Genesis, I thought about it and you are right. A person is better off with a direct exchange that first warranty year rather than a "send off & wait". I was debating the same issue, where to buy, for my purchase of a new computer.

Thanks for the counter-view.

Genesis once bubbled...
You're not going to get any better service from your LDS.

All they'll do is box it and send it to the manufacturer. You're gonna wait for a replacement if you buy it from a LDS as well.

This is why the LDS is losing to the LPs - they refuse to provide the service level that would actually make paying their (much) higher price worthwhile.

Any idea what gear reps policy is for this? I have a LDS that sells Suunto that must have 2 dozen units on the shelf. If a dealer has a cozy relationship with their manufacturers rep a swap might be a pre arrainged courtesy where by a LDS isn't really taking a big risk when they do a swap, other than expense of a large inventory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom