Computer screen protector... Check this out!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the invisible shield on my ipod touch. I would like to hear how it works when wet (underwater). Hope to hear real world accounts. Thanks.

:cool2:

What a great idea. I have a similar shield on my ipod which works great. I plan to buy one for my computer and dive watch.

I think its worth sharing, and its worth saving $$. The plastic screen cover of my Galileo SOL is still original and no scratch is visbible, like new. I had my Galileo since early 2008,

How? I used the Zagg Invisible shield (Universal Size), pop up the plastic cover and stick the invisble shield to the face of the plastic screen cover, follow Zagg's installation procedure, once set, trim the extra piece of the invisible shield with exacto knife, just follow the edges of the cover.

Another easy and possibly cheap way to make a screen saver is with the polyurethane film used as invisible rock shields for cars. 3M makes it as well as a company called Venture Shield. It's an extremely tough polyurethane film about 8 mils thick. I found a local dealer who gave me a 1'x1' piece for free, which is a lifetime supply for the screen on my X1. You can also buy it on line for a minimal amount. Applies like window tint film and sticks very well, guaranteed not to fade or yellow. It's also available as helicopter blade tape, but a roll of the tape is pretty expensive.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom