Considering a BP/Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ERP just needs to eat his Wheaties for breakfast.

Your probably right.

I had no trouble on my last dive, but I had the bands REALLY tight, thought I was going to loose my fingers when the SS buckles flipped over :wink:

And to clarify, I've never had the tank slip vertically or side to side even when the bands are loose, it just seems to rotate around it's axis about 20 degrees during the first dive ::shrug::

Saw the oxycheq singles wings at the Long Beach Scuba Show this past weekend. Their singles wing has the collapsible panel found on the 2 larger Halcyon singles wings on the interior of the wing next to the cylinder -- the result is that their larger singles wings are more streamlined. Nice.

As a convert from a Zeagle Tech BC a ways back, I would never give up diving a backplate. Much more stable with or without STA. I was also going against a firm recommendation against by my local shop when I moved over to a backplate, but I couldn't be happier the way things worked out.

Birdman once bubbled...
Saw the oxycheq singles wings at the Long Beach Scuba Show this past weekend. Their singles wing has the collapsible panel found on the 2 larger Halcyon singles wings on the interior of the wing next to the cylinder -- the result is that their larger singles wings are more streamlined. Nice.

So it will be STA-less?

Hmm...not sure...have to admit since I already am invested in a Pioneer wing when I looked at it it was quick; I spent most of my time at their booth looking at the doubles wing, something that I need to buy in the next few weeks.

I used to dive a Zeagle Ranger quite a while back (before diving DUI BCS and later DiveRite Transpac II).
Today, diving a SS BP with Pioneer wings for single configuration, the drag is much less. Overall, diving a BP/Wing setup just makes more sense to me.

I have only had a slight problem with stabilizing the tank with the build in STA in the Pioneer wing. The tank (painted HP 120 Faber tank) has a tendency to turn slightly. But then I am using old DiverRite cambands from my Transpak, and not the Octogrip or similar. I will probably change the cam bands or use a regular STA instead of the built in one.

And yes, I eat my "wheaties" in the morning...

Sincerely

Anders

When I lock up my Scubapro straps around the tank with my home made BP & STAs its about as stable as a weld. There is no movement. BP & STAs were home made to accomodate the dive rite travel wing for warm water diving.

Do you guys know if Fred T is still selling BP/wing set ups? I have tried PM him as well as e-mailing his other address with no luck.

Do you guys know if Fred T is still selling BP/wing set ups? I have tried PM him as well as e-mailing his other address with no luck.

He shipped some stuff out to me last week, so I would assume he's still selling BP's.

It took him a couple of days to get back to me after my first email.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom