Considering a Freedom Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m not sure how your existing set up is, but for me, one of my favorite features of a backplate is the storage pack, I love being able to store a big SMB in there and it’s like I’m not even carrying it.

I don’t like things being clipped off, anywhere, hip, crotch, back dring. My pockets already carry the spare one and everything else I carry.
Storage pack is a pretty genius way to make use of that available real state, a folded SMB goes in there neatly, out of the way and even adds some comfort padding, not that it’s needed.

And outside of caves, I won’t dive without my 6’ SMB, it’s an important feature for me, ymmv.

That's a great point actually. I haven't really considered that. My 6ft smb is rolled and bungeed to the side of the plate. My liftbag lives in a mesh sleeve on the other side of the plate.

Look at that glint

022.JPG

What's to ask

and that guy above you is obviously lost, the wrong guy in the right thread

Plenty of room for all your equipment

49 050 (1).JPG

Are you lifting the Titanic with all that gear man

You want a Freedom plate?
Get to the back of the queue, with me , there is a long line of people in front of us.:wink:

Here are a couple of threads to get you started…

Here is the official wish list.

Our last LOB ran aground, started taking on water so we were evacuated off the boat. While other divers were anxious about their laptops, cell phones, etc, Eric and I stressed about our Freedom Plates. No joke.

Our last LOB ran aground, started taking on water so we were evacuated off the boat. While other divers were anxious about their laptops, cell phones, etc, Eric and I stressed about our Freedom Plates. No joke.
Effectively Irreplaceable!

Oh hell ya! Whenever we are at a diving resort you will never find my Freedom Plate in the equipment storage room. It's inside my room with me all safe and sound. As JD said it's Effectively Irreplaceable!

Back
Top Bottom