Contact info for the Dive House?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input. I just emailed dive house and they only have reservations for mornings on the 3 days I plan on diving so that's not a good sign. And I plan on sleeping in on vacation so I guess I will be looking for another op.
If you plan on sleeping in on vacations, I'd suggest you find another pastime. Diving is an early riser's sport.

If you plan on sleeping in on vacations, I'd suggest you find another pastime. Diving is an early riser's sport.

I am not, by nature, an early riser, but a day in Coz wipes me and I tend to crash early so it all works out.

I am not, by nature, an early riser, but a day in Coz wipes me and I tend to crash early so it all works out.
I loved to sleep in until I started diving. Now, after years of nitrogen saturation and microbubbling, I can no longer sleep in. It's a rare day I'm not up before 5:30 if I'm not diving. Though when I am, the nitrogen helps me sleep until 6 or 6:30.

I can not, for the life of me, wrap my mind around the idea of setting my alarm for 6:00 - 6:30 am for ANYTHING, while I'm on vacation.

Up until last year, we were a family of 4 divers, so getting a boat to take us out in the afternoon, wasn't a problem. The boys are now attending universities, and they both have different spring break schedules than boss woman who works for the public school district, which is when we come down. (It's now the 2nd week of April).

I have over the years compiled a list of ops who will at least entertain the idea of a 2 tank afternoon trip. There are a couple others, but I've crossed them off my list because I've come to the opinion that they're skunks; either through personal experience, or overwhelming anecdotal evidence.

They are:

Alex Scuba
Aquatic Sports
Blue Angel
Blue Magic
Deep Blue
Dive Paradise
Dive With Martin
Blue Project
Opal's Dream
Panchos Diving Adventures
Papa Hogs
Studio Blue
Tres Pelicanos

Some on my list, I know to be great, many I know very little about, and some I know nothing of.

If someone would like to add to the list, I'd happily do so.

PM me if you'd like to join us for an afternoon trip between April 3 and April 11, inclusive.

If you stay at a southern resort the pick ups let you sleep a bit later. And you can look for an op that delays for cruise ships for a few extra sleep in days.

Wow thats a bunch of crap. I wake up at 4am every morning for work why would I want to do it just to go diving? Does the aqua life disappear after 11AM? I dont know how they do it in CA but here in FL all the op's here in FL are much harder to get spots in the PM then the AM.

Yes. It is a MX union thing. Sealife gets an afternoon siesta and then comes back for the night dives. Again thought there are lots and lots and lots of options. Friend of mine gets a good deal on a small 6 pack for just he and his wife and goes when he wants.

chrism16, I also like to dive later in the morning and then a late afternoon dive. Normally I do the 11 am and 3 pm dives.
The resorts at the South end of the island are closer to the dive sites and therefore go out several times a day. These are single tank dives with the SI being back at the dock/resort. Also, these are normally 45 minute dives so the resort dive op can keep on a schedule. Of course one down side of being at a southern resort is that you are far away from town. Everything is a give and take!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom