Converting CMAS to PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because you changed it from CMAS 1-star to FFESSM Level 1.

Kinda sorta. The card is issued by FFESSM.

Printed on the bottom of the card:

"Equivalent to 1-star CMAS diver".

Kinda sorta. The card is issued by FFESSM.

Printed on the bottom of the card:

"Equivalent to 1-star CMAS diver".

Wow, that's really interesting. Sounds like it should be FFESSM Level 2. Does it give any other hints on the card? (like niveau 2, or P2, or ... ?)

I'll scan and post tomorrow...

Not that I would do anything shady, but how many dives does your friend have on the books and how well is the diving executed. If there is not an experience problem, I'd read and understand the PADI OW book (an older copy is fine) in case there are questions when signing up for the AOW class.

Bob
------------------------------------------
I think that advocating unsafe and dangerous practices is both stupid and foolish. That is why I don't tell people to do what I do. Dsix36

?? Waiting...

Sorry. She did EANx with a LDS in Florida and got the PADI card she so badly wanted! Apparently, no questions were asked...doing AOW next.

Sorry. She did EANx with a LDS in Florida and got the PADI card she so badly wanted! Apparently, no questions were asked...doing AOW next.

She's using a Nitrox card to get into an AOW class? Or am I misunderstanding?

No. She first located a CMAS instructor and got a 2 star card. Then...she did PADI EANx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom