Coron Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ve been once in Coron from Manilla, with pal express.
I had a booking on the way in for a flight that was cancelled. They just put me in the plane before, without asking. I was quite lucky to be able to catch it, as i did'nt had much time to connect (I was arriving from Europe that day).
For the way out, my plane was also cancelled, and this time they put be in the next flight. but I was able to ask at the PAL express representative in Coron (close to seadive) to have instead my flight advanced.

hi sebach,

thanks for your advise.

really worried and scare the last minute flight cancellation or delay as it really spoilt the holidays or even missed the connecting flights.

anyway how early and by what means does air phil express informed you about the flight changes? and you have any idea how frequent is the flights been delayed?

I received an e-mail from pal-express concerning both flights, about 2 or 3 days before the first flight. I didn't received any answers to my immediate e-mails to them explaining my concerns.
I don't know if these cancellations happens often. You'd better have a correct insurance, or take enough time margin if the fights weren't bought as connecting flights with your main flights.
And it's probably safer to verify with pal express the day before that your flight is still scheduled as planned.

Here's Kevster's Trip Report on Coron

have fun playing with the thermocline in barracuda lake :)
Hi Kevster,
Thanks for your great report on the Wrecks of Busuanga Island.

Just like to update this forum that you can also dive the Coron/Busuanga Wrecks now from Concepion Town or Puerto Del Sol Resort just 5 minutes away from Okikawa Maru and less then 10 minutes from Akitsushima. Most other wrecks are not more then 20 Minutes away. Full Dive Center service is available inclusive Nitrox, technical diving and ready to cater for Rebreather Divers.

Bank of the Philippine Island (BPI) is now open for business with a ATM accepting international credit cards for cash supply in Coron Town.

There are many Dive Centers and Dive Resorts on Busuanga Island and in Coron Town. Check it out on the net.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom