Corrugated Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro BC have the shoulder dump valve on the front of the shoulder and 10 inches is right on the money. Other manufacturers have the valve mounted more toward the back and require a longer hose. My wife dives a small SQ BC with a 14 inch hose. Identical SQ BC in size XL has a 16 inch hose.

Diverite has a 22 incher.....and I have one of their older 27 inchers. Hard to find that one now. Personally I like it.

Dive Rite has 12, 16, & 24 inch corrugated hoses, you pick the length when you order the aircell. Most tech-types use the 12" with basic elbow. They are also available individually.

DSS uses short hoses which work great. you just have to practice/mentally prepare for grabbing it, especially to orally inflate, but its not a big deal.

I just got back from a week long trip in Bonaire. i'm not sure if its the short hose, or the Atomic first stage pushing against the hose elbow, or the what, but the corrugated hose rubbed on my neck until it was raw (after 2-3 dives). i've pm'd tobin about this already, but he's out this week for the show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom