Costa Club in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Senor Professor,

October is the tail end of hurricane season...but we will cross our fingers.

We usually dive on Coz in July and/or December. July = ~2.5 O'Neill Fleece. December = 3mm Henderson Gold. Since you are a prof, you can interpolate. Heck, you probably even know what that means!

Joewr...with nothing in particular to add down here, except the usual admonition to try the French Quarter for lunch or dinner!

I'm down here!!!! It's a nice hotel. You have in front some dive shops. Like Papa Hogs. If you need any advise while you're here call me. 87-26364.

Further to al of this My family and I hope to be in Coz the end of Jan/02. Is this an ok time to dive there? And what suit do you wear there? Thanks :confused: Butch

Butch(one of 103 Butches at the family reunions, if I remember correctly.),

We will be there the 1st week of Jan. '02--Happy New Year! Based on past experience we will take our usual 3mm Henderson Gold and our 2.5mm O'Neill fleeces. The water temp will likely be 79-80 deg F. The air temp will likely be in the mid to low 80's. The pina colada (non-alcoholic) temp will be hovering around 32 deg F.

If this is your first time to Cozumel, I predict it will not be your last!

Joewr...dreaming of the warm days, nights and waters of Cozumel...sweet dreams.......

Joewr..Yes this will be the first to Coz. And with water temps like that I could almost swim without a suit. (Not a pretty sight ) I am used 65-68 f being warm water. Anyway thanks for the input. Butch :bounce:

Just back from 9 days and 8 nights in Cozumel (trip report to come).

Costa Club has been conducting numerous improvements, including the hotel restaurant. Eat the Mexican and it was just fine. Eat the American hot dogs & hamburgers and they are okay.

Costa Club also has a beach-side snack bar with okay food (hot dogs, hanburgers, club sandwhich, drinks etc.). It's worth going across the street for the better food in the hotel restaurant. However, if you get "beached", like my hubby did when his ears bothered him while I dove [great hubby he let me go with the group], they have a friendly staff to serve you at lounge chair.

Beds were firm, but I like them that way.

Hotel clean and efficient.

All-inclusive available for about $29/day but I recommend not doing that. Breakfast runs around $8 US (or go down the street to Rock-and-Java $3 US), lunches $10 US, and dinners $12 US. Works out to same price but non-buffet food is fresher.

Dive Paradise worked just fine for me. 15 dives. Some others had problems with bookings, but we found out it was the State-side travel agent rather then Dive Paradises' faunt (More to come in trip report).

Dive safe, and remember to do those safety stops! --Starfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom