Costa Rica v. Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
S'okay I've been to CR a few times and know where to go, what to expect, and what to do. However, I have not been to the Turks & Caicos. I am looking to hear specifically from people who have been to both and can compare the diving. Thanks, it is appreciated.

Of course people are going to see things differently but I would really like to hear what you think.

I have been to Turks and Caicos....saw some pretty corals..and a couple of fish...Yawn....I have only been to Drake Bay in CR last year....lots of stuff in the water...but vis 15' to 30'....but got to be honest liked CR better!.....Do the Indio-Pacific area...the finest diving I have found.

Travelnsj:
I have been to Turks and Caicos....saw some pretty corals..and a couple of fish...Yawn....I have only been to Drake Bay in CR last year....lots of stuff in the water...but vis 15' to 30'....but got to be honest liked CR better!.....Do the Indio-Pacific area...the finest diving I have found.

I am kind of gathering I just need to go back to CR. I don't think it would pain me too much considering I absolutely love that place. So I think I can deal with another trip :winky:

Thanks for your input.

Bonaire?

Miss....I suggest look at staying..... www.aguiladeosa.com and dive Cano island. If you hit good vis.....the diving would of been a wow!....there were bull rays, sharks etc.....Just the vis was so bad...perhaps it was the time of the year...if you have ever read any of my trip reports on here or on Zen....if I do not like the diving.....I generally did not enjoy....I love this place....and will go back someday:14:

Travelnsj:
Miss....I suggest look at staying..... www.aguiladeosa.com and dive Cano island. If you hit good vis.....the diving would of been a wow!....there were bull rays, sharks etc.....Just the vis was so bad...perhaps it was the time of the year...if you have ever read any of my trip reports on here or on Zen....if I do not like the diving.....I generally did not enjoy....I love this place....and will go back someday:14:

That place is beautiful! Wow, I love that room. However, think I am going to stay here again. http://www.villadelsueno.com/rates.htm

Very, very, nice and more than reasonable rates - save some $$$$ :)

That is in the Northern part.....thermoclines...Yikes....someday try the southern part....The Aguila de osa is one of the great places I have stayed:) .....just wished the Vis was better:(

Don't mean to hijack Tracy but what exactly do you mean by not the greatest vis?

Read my previous post.....15' to 30' max at Cano in December 05..Lot of stuff there but could only catch a glimpse.

dived in Hermosa - stayed at El Valero on the beach - dove with Diving Safaris -great dive op but it was pretty chilly underwater and yup - major thermoclides - pretty soupy underwater - think i'm a warm water wuss!! I'd vote for T&C for a change!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom