Cow Springs / Jackson Blue - Memorial Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Had a really nice dive in Cow Monday morning time. Flow seems just up a tad from a week ago. Still a little tanic in the front part of the system. Still lots of poofie stuff on the rocks and clay banks.

Getting better , little by little.

Dove Jackson Blue on Saturday and Sunday. Awesome , just awesome !!! The flow wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Lots of dem scooter thingies buzzin around but with the CDS conference there , kind of expected :D
And the viz was just superb too.

I found one new line on Satuday and another one on Sunday (Near the horse's head ... Mat/CMU/Dive-a-holic will know where I am talking about :D ).
Seems like I see a new jump line every time I go in there. I know , for me , that I could spend MANY , MANY dives just in the front part of that cave. Fer sure :D

Mat: Sorry I missed you on Sunday , darn it. We did the one dive that morning and came out and saw the "MOB" in the park. (UFFDA). But we had planned on heading back to Luraville early Sunday afternoon , so I apologize for not running into you.

All in All , a WONDERFUL WEEKEND !!!
And the conference was great , the food was great , and with all those cave divers around , well , Wonderful Company :D

You Panhandlers sure do have a WONDERFUL cave to dive. It still is amazing to me. (sigh)

Jean

Jean0! There are atleast 10 jumps that I know of from chickenhead rock back to the cavern. Some are opposite ends of the same parrallel tunnel and some of the jumps are alternative leads to those lines. Atleast two sidemount(or smaller) chimney's running upwards in a fissure. Regardless, lots and lots to look into.

I was parked on the opposite side of the park from you guys and saw you guys leaving the water as we were entering. I had hoped I'd run into you later on, but I guess you guys had already left. There's always next time! I know you can't stay away from JB for too incredibly long! :D

Just wait until you get one of those scooter thingies...

I'm finding more and more line the farther back I go. It starts to get a little confusing though...back there, they're all tied into each other!

Yep, that's it. Absolutely amazing back there. I'm pretty sure it's the biggest passage I've seen in JB. I saw an intact sea shell just sitting on the floor at about 2900' back. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I hear there are over 2 dozen Ts back in the Crinoid/Middle Grounds area alone. I need to get a longer pigtail...

how was the conference?

and yay for good dives, jeano!

how was the conference?

and yay for good dives, jeano!

Marci:
Well , HOT inside of the building but other than that , just great ! :D
I helped man the Cave Diving museum booth. Listened to some great presentations on DCS and one on current trends seen in Accident Analysis in Cave Diving.

Hey , HOPE to see you soon !!! :D
And Jameson too , you know .

Jeano Beano

Just wait until you get one of those scooter thingies...

I'm finding more and more line the farther back I go. It starts to get a little confusing though...back there, they're all tied into each other!

Rob,

RunawayLobster and I did a dive back around Crinold Glory on Saturday that has some really neat terrain. This section is tucked away far off the beaten path and it leaves you with the impression that it is traveled very infrequently. It's really beautiful back there. The line ends in this particular passage with an arrow marked with "1500". Not far from it is an arrow marked "WKPP" as well. JB is one heck of huge freakin' cave. On Sunday, as you know, I was on the Northwest side of it. The size of this cave is just staggering.

You guys are lucky to be there. I'm diggin' the Mill Pond so much that if things work out, I just might be joinin' ya.

Richard,

That's interesting. I haven't been to that particular area yet. I did look at each arrow I passed, but didn't see either of the ones you mention. But there are a few dozen arrows back in that area! It is huge! I dive it pretty much weekly and I doubt I will ever have seen all of it!

I'm diggin' the Mill Pond so much that if things work out, I just might be joinin' ya.

Ahh, the draw of the Mill Pond caves... Yeah, it took us one trip out here. The next time out we bought our house...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom