Cow Springs / Jackson Blue - Memorial Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard,

That's interesting. I haven't been to that particular area yet. I did look at each arrow I passed, but didn't see either of the ones you mention. But there are a few dozen arrows back in that area! It is huge! I dive it pretty much weekly and I doubt I will ever have seen all of it!

This is past the plethora of arrows after the jump off the Gold. It gets roomy in spots and a little low in others. I *think* we were in the passage where the arrow is pointing (see image). We were just on a stroll so I never bothered to look at my compass.

Ahh, the draw of the Mill Pond caves... Yeah, it took us one trip out here. The next time out we bought our house...

I'd probably just get some land (for retirement) in the beginning. I won't be able to completely move out there full time any time soon. But it sure would be nice to live there. The prices have to come down some. What I've seen so far is obscene. lol

Attachments

• JB.jpg
    JB.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 30
I've only been along the main Crinoid Glory passage. I'm working on getting back to the mainline at the end of the passage first (should happen in the next few dives), then I'm going to start exploring some of the side passages back there. It looks like there's so much more than the map shows.

Yeah, it's pretty funny how the people in this area think the real estate here is any different than in any other part of the country. We go lucky and found something fairly inexpensive as a transition home. We're also waiting for land prices to go down so we can buy and build something more to our liking.

It looks like there's so much more than the map shows.

Ahh, yes. The map is very incomplete. I think it's done this way for a reason. :D At any rate, I'm building my own. I spent time last Thursday documenting all of the arrows and Ts from 1,300 to 4,000 along the gold line. From this point, it will be easier to reference the other passages and place them on the map. I'm having fun with it and that's what counts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom