Coz December dive weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner:
I am shopping for my wetsuit for my trip this winter in Coz and GC. Do 3mm or 5mm shorties usually suffice?

That is a totally personal decision. Everyone has a different tolerance level to chill. The water temperature in December is typically 78 to 80, with surface temperatures being a little chillier. There is usually a north wind as well, which makes the surface temps feel a little cooler, so warming up in between dives is another factor to consider.

You should also take into consideration how many days and how many dives per day you will be diving.

Most people wear a 3mm full or 5mm full that time of year, but again, it's totally up to you!

Christi's right. We were there last Dec. I had a 2ml and my husband had a 3ml. I was cold and he was just right. On the boat was a different story. We were both cold. When I was younger I never wore a wetsuit just a swim suit and a t-shirt.

I went last Decemeber with a 2/3mm shorty and they had a cold front in Coz.
I ended up buying a 3mm full wetsuit in Coz and they were expensive than buying online.
I saw DM wearing 2 wetsuits or full wetsuit with hood last December.

travelem:
I went last Decemeber with a 2/3mm shorty and they had a cold front in Coz.
I ended up buying a 3mm full wetsuit in Coz and they were expensive than buying online.
I saw DM wearing 2 wetsuits or full wetsuit with hood last December.

I have to agree with the advice given above. I am built like a good sea mammal and I am comfortable diving year round in Cozumel in a skin only. In winter months, my wife will sometimes wear a full body 3 mil with a shorty on top of that and a vest on top of that and top it off with a hood and still gets cold on occasion.

We've been in Cozumel for Christmas for all but 1 of the past 15-years and I can tell you from our experience to expect a norte to blow up for a couple days that time of year. It might not happen but don't be surprised if it does.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/santa_fe.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom