Coz dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned yesterday, stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and had a great trip. Divemasters were great, meals and accomadations as well. They are located south of the ferry landing from Playa.

They are at scubaclubcozumel.com

Scott

Deep Blue
$4/day discount for 5 days or more of diving......discount? Well, maybe.

Mike (5615),

That added up to $24 for me as I did 12 dives with them in July. That paid for one nice meal each for me and my buddy at one of the local restaurants.

$4 off is a little over 6.5 % reduction. How much would it have to be for you to consider it a discount?

I don't choose them based on the discount, but I did mention it because it is there. It isn't much, but to me it shows that they want repeat / multiple business from people. I believe that they are not making a lot at the prices they charge (but what the heck do I know). There are cheaper dive ops on the island, and some that are a lot more expensive.

If you know a dive op that is equal or better for less money, then that is great. I have been very pleased with Matt and his organization, so I don't have a lot of motivation to try other operations.

Since you raised the question, but didn't tell us what your dive op charges, I had to look it up. I see that Martin charges slightly less than Deep Blue, and their discounts are better. I certainly hope that you continue to have positive experiences diving with Martin. If you ever have problems with them, you should consider trying one of the "blue" dive ps.

--*smiling*--

Wristshot

Our first trip to Cozumel was in August 2002 and I had a referral to do my OW dives. I chose Dive Paradise and had the most wonderful instructor. Enrique couldn't have been better.
DP also included a free boat dive after my OW training dives were completed.
Can you say "Cattle boat".
And the most uncaring, show-off DM - Albino - that I have ever seen and hope to never cross his path again.
However, I must admit, I did learn quite a bit by never doing anything that he did.
1) diving off of the boat head-first fully geared up
2) removing dive gear during safety stop with most of the divers still in the water.
3) often times holding his breath
There were other things, but these are the ones that I'll never forget.
We even went to the office to let them know, and nobody seemed to care.
Bye-bye Dive Paradise!

Then we heard someone mention the Black Shark dive shop.
So we went to see them and have been diving with them ever since. Finished our Aug 2002 vacation with them.
Went home, purchased a full set of gear for both me and my husband. Went back to Cozumel in Dec 2002 and dove with Black Shark again.

Sept 2003 we had every intention to give another shop a go, but just couldn't do it. The entire group of guys at the shop have been great to us. We've gone down expecting to do a certain number of dives and have had to recalculate because we have always added more - this gets us a better discount.
They've even trusted us to pay for dives after we've completed them. Even did our AOW with them.

All of their boats are 6-packs. Our dives average $27 per tank.

The only complaint that we may have is that if you stay anywhere north of the marina, they're more than likely to pick you up in a vehicle rather than with a boat at the hotel pier. But we've found that this is a wonderful way to get to know the guys and we've had more laughs, meals, and cervesas than I can remember. We truely enjoy getting to know the people on the island. Black Shark has never done us wrong.

We'll be back for Thanksgiving weekend and are looking forward to being with our Mayan friends once again.

divenut2001:
This is the second "very" negative reference to SDS that I've read on this board. What's the story on this OP?

If you wish to hear my reasons, just pm me and I'll fill you in. I just don't want to list a bunch of crap where it may be exagerated or misconstrued...blah blah

mike

just got back a couple of weeks ago from Coz, dove with "Dive with Martin", great op! very good DM's, he has some of the best prices around also, cash only, but some packages include a free night dive, and or video. and they will give you a discount if you do a package of several days, my wife and i dove 6 days of 2 tank dives for around $470 i think it was got the free night dive and video and had some really great dives.
ok, there's my 2 pesos!

Just dove coz Monday. We used Snorkle Center (scuba also). We went to Santa Rosa Reef and Tormentos. The dive masters were Ray and Manual. They were great. Never had to wait to be picked up, and o2 on board.

Sharky,
I have seen a few of your posts regarding your experiences with "Dive with Martin" and I just wanted to say thanks for the info. I have been checking them out before I take my trip to Cozumel next week and to honest with you, I was a bit skeptical about the operation because they are so cheap (4 two tank dives, 1 free night dive, 1 free video and free equipment rental = $200.00). I was going to dive with Aldora, but I don't want my diving to take up most of my day (wife doesn't dive). Besides, saving more than half of what I would have spent with Aldora isn't that bad either. Those cuban cigars at the Havana Club aren't getting any cheaper, you know.

Dave

I used Dive With Martin when I was there in March, fast boats, small groups, great prices and we were usually heading for the beach to do our SI as the first of the other boats were just arriving for their first dive.

sharky60:
just got back a couple of weeks ago from Coz, dove with "Dive with Martin", great op! very good DM's, he has some of the best prices around also, cash only, but some packages include a free night dive, and or video. and they will give you a discount if you do a package of several days, my wife and i dove 6 days of 2 tank dives for around $470 i think it was got the free night dive and video and had some really great dives.
ok, there's my 2 pesos!
I also had a great time with DWM last November. Even though I initially only booked for a day, then 2 more, then 3 more days they automatically moved me onto their discount schedule, and even showed up at my hotel with a complimentary video that I wasn't expecting. Martin also lent me lead for my shore diving when the onsite dive op at La Ceiba had closed.

The DMs had a great attitude and clearly wanted to show everyone the very best of their reef.

One minor warning .... their pickup times varied quite a bit, even though I was right next door at La Ceiba. On some days I'd be on a boat that was picking up people only to the south and the boat would be very early. Other days, the boat would be picking up to the north and then picking me up on the way back south. One day they called and requested that I come over to their pier due to swell conditions. And on another day, one boat picked me up, then they changed boat assignments on the fly and I transferred to another boat for dives. Just remember that you're on vacation, kick back and relax.

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom