Coz water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cxg31s:
WWW = warm water wimp

I'm a proud card-carrying member and don't intend on ever diving cold. My blood is so thin even a drysuit couldn't keep me warm! LOL
Then you are missing some pretty cool diving.

Sorry, couldn't help myself, but it is true.

I do appreciate the temp warning. I've get a 3mm full, but I get chilled below about 80. I'm definitely going to by at least a 5mm and maybe a vest too. I'll be sure to wear my cold water hood too. Even in a 3mm full, 85 isn't too warm for me. I've never been too warm on a dive.

I think I need to be nominated as a www! When the temp is under about 82, by the end of day 2 I'm usually wearing a full 3mm, full 1mm and a core warmer. By day 5 I'm getting chilled again. Oh yes, and I have .5mm socks for my booties too. After my last trip in April I got a really great deal on a long sleeve 3/2 shorty and that will be coming with me on this trip too. I figure the 3/2 shorty with a full 3mm ought to do the trick. We'll be doing 2 dives/day x 4 days in Coz, then over to Akumal for 3 dives/day x 3 days and a day of 2 cenote dives.

We came back after 10 days on 11/22... over 10 days we saw water temps from 82 to 78. We both wore full 3mm wetsuits and were fine. One lady on the boat wore a 3mm shorty and came up shivering....but they were from FL :05:

We just got back last night after 6 days there. My boyfriend and I just wore diveskins, and I got a little chilly at the end of a couple of dives but not too bad (and I don't handle cold very well). I did freeze on the boat between dives the first day, but it warmed up a bit the next day and we were OK from then on out. We didn't notice a thermocline, but did hit one really cold spot on the surface waiting for the boat one day that felt like it was a good 5 degrees colder than the surrounding water. Needless to say I got back on the boat quickly! I believe that my computer was registering about 78 degrees for most dives, but I'd have to check.

Whats a core warmer? We dove Cozumel last november and the water temps were low 80's i used my polartec Maybe i will need to take my 3 ml in February. Or get one of those core warmers if I can find out what they are Kathy

scubacoz22:
Whats a core warmer? We dove Cozumel last november and the water temps were low 80's i used my polartec Maybe i will need to take my 3 ml in February. Or get one of those core warmers if I can find out what they are Kathy
It a shortie, usually without sleeves, that you wear over or under your wetsuit.
Here is an example..
Henderson Core Warmer

A core warmer a sleeveless shorty. Sort of a tank tops shorty. Mine is a Camaro, and Austrian wetsuit brand and it's very thin but has the warmth of about a 2mm. The outside is a seal skin type thing (rubber) that repels water and the inside is very soft neoprene. It's super light and adds alot of warmth. I love that I just towel it off and it's not cold and wet. I got it a couple of years ago very cheap at www.sierratradingpost.com I also got a really good deal on a Body Glove suit there.

Back
Top Bottom