Cozumel 6th-9th Dive with Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erenazul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been reading about DWM and decided to go there.
Questions.
1. Where is it? I can't find the location, I don't know how I can get there and find the hotels around the dive shop.
2. Which hotels do you recommend to go around the shop?
3. Do I have to book the dive before hand? or Can I just show up on the 6th to book
took them?

thank you for your help.

This is a very busy time of the year for Cozumel and I would suggest trying to get reservations with any dive op you choose.
You wouldn't want to get shut out..

Their dive shop is right at the base of the International Pier beside the Diamond Plaza mall. It's a small, little shack opposite the duty free shop. The 3 closest hotels would be the El Cid, Park Royal and Casa del Mar. All 3 are within walking distance. Yes, don't leave anything to chance and book before arriving.

Dive With Martin is great! I'll be posting a trip report within a week or so. I can't yet comment on hotels, since my experience at the Barracuda was, well, an experience. We did a lot of hotel shopping on this trip, and priorities have definitely changed.

Martin certified me years ago, I had heard that he passed away recently, I was sad to hear this. His buisness is still in operation and there is a website
http://divewithmartin.com/ I would suggest staying at one of the hotels next to the peir to save on taxi fare's

As I now realize that I responded to a poster who has already returned from their trip.... :blush: I guess my blonde hair is at it again.

Anyhoo, when we walked past Casa Del Mar we were thinking that it would be a convenient place to stay and use Dive With Martin. Next time we go we'll probably stay at a boutique hotel in town and pay the $4 (each way)taxi to go to the international pier. Those little hotels really work at keeping their places nice and comfortable.

I went there last year for spring break and stayed at the Iberostar. It's a little bit more but well worth it. I used dwm and they picked us up at the dock of the resort. The only transportation we need was a taxi ride down to the pier for the night dive. Which btw do the night dive its amazing best dive out of all the ones i did. Also tip well if your doing multiple day dives and theyll pay a lot more attention to you and pointin out little things while divin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom