Cozumel "bucket List" ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ugh! I hate that term, but it fits ...

... What are the critters / plants / coral / other things, that you haven't seen diving on Cozumel that you would like to add to your dive log?

For me:
1. Red lipped Batfish
2. Manta Shrimp
3. Ganard (flying fish) I've never seen one "in" the water
4. Mahi Mahi (Dorado)
5. Hammerhead

Frogfish - I recall seeing photos for them in Cozumel
Hammerhead

Frogfish - I recall seeing photos for them in Cozumel
Hammerhead
oops! forgot about the frog fish ... #6 :D

Hammerhead
Dolphins "in" the water with me
Splendid Toadfish with babies all around -- I've only seen them in pictures :wink:

I have some of those Toadfish baby pics.

I found them on Palancar Gardens. Near the beginning of the dive, you come around a pinnacle/wall and just as you round it, you will see a large, shallow, 'incrop' in the reef, there might even be a swim-thru there, in fact, I think there is.

It's pretty deep, around 90' from what I remember, the ground slopes pretty sharply away from the reef and there are several little cave-like things like things that the Toadfish like to hang out in.

I found no less than 4 at once there one day, one in each of the holes. You could actually hold back from the reef about 10-15' and see them all!!

Here's the Toadfish baby pic from that area ...
17204_c1a-PalGar-SplToadfish.jpg

... I actually didn't see the babies the first day when I took this pic. I noticed them when my wife and I reviewed the 'dailies' on our hotel room TV.

I have some of those Toadfish baby pics.

I found them on Palancar Gardens. Near the beginning of the dive, you come around a pinnacle/wall and just as you round it, you will see a large, shallow, 'incrop' in the reef, there might even be a swim-thru there, in fact, I think there is.

It's pretty deep, around 90' from what I remember, the ground slopes pretty sharply away from the reef and there are several little cave-like things like things that the Toadfish like to hang out in.

I found no less than 4 at once there one day, one in each of the holes. You could actually hold back from the reef about 10-15' and see them all!!

Here's the Toadfish baby pic from that area ...
View attachment 369272

... I actually didn't see the babies the first day when I took this pic. I noticed them when my wife and I reviewed the 'dailies' on our hotel room TV.
That is one of the most unique underwater photo's I have seen, now it's on my bucket list. Sunday on Cedral there was almost no current and I found several toadfish positioned in natural crevices pointing south, as opposed to tail dug nests in the sand pointing north and thought it was neat that almost the entire body could be viewed but this tops it by a mile.

Last edited:
the Chief is easy to spot, look for the orange shirt........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom