Cozumel Diving 2/26/12 - Had one tank read 12 ppm CO -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you find these deals?:giveusahug: I was just gonna order one of these babies, and then I saw your reference to that site and ended up saving myself over $40! You must spend half your day hunting down these arcane sites to come up with these bargains. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.:D $40 is $40, and that is the best deal I have seen this year. Now I just have to find one of those "Turtle Tubes" to keep it in. I saw them advertised with one of these analyzers (for lots more money!:eyebrow:) and really liked this idea. Now I have to find one for myself. Many thanks- Woody
I didn't. My usual search methods still don't find it. Swamp diver shared that. What is a turtle tube?

Where do you find these deals?:giveusahug: I was just gonna order one of these babies, and then I saw your reference to that site and ended up saving myself over $40! You must spend half your day hunting down these arcane sites to come up with these bargains. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.:D $40 is $40, and that is the best deal I have seen this year. Now I just have to find one of those "Turtle Tubes" to keep it in. I saw them advertised with one of these analyzers (for lots more money!:eyebrow:) and really liked this idea. Now I have to find one for myself. Many thanks- Woody

I keep mine in one of these:

Heavy Duty Dry Box "Yellow", Piranha Dive Manufacturing

If you need something a bit bigger (I just ordered one for my Nitrox Analyzer) they just started carrying these:

Wirtz Sport Case 2 w/ Clear Top Lid with Black Lower Body, Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Either box comes in black or yellow. I keep batteries in one while traveling also.

I didn't. My usual search methods still don't find it. Swamp diver shared that. What is a turtle tube?

A turtle tube is a nifty little storage case which looks for all the world like one of those sav-a-dive kits which you can get everywhere, except it is much heavier built. (I have GOT to figure out how to put links into these posts...) It has heavy duty plastic plugs in both the top and bottom of the clear plastic tube, and an Analox tester fits nicely inside one of these. Airtight, waterproof, and it floats! (Well, I dunno if it floats with a analyzer in it, but you get the idea..) And all this for ten bucks plus $2 shipping! You can get them at Sea Turtle Scuba, although the turtle tubes didn't seem to want to show up on their main web site when I tried it. Everything else that they sell did, but not the turtle tubes. When I contacted them they gave me a link to an expanded page which had the tubes on it, and I ordered it from there. About the smallest and handiest way to securely store and transport these gizmos. I might put a disk of foam rubber inside the top and bottom plugs for more cushioning, but otherwise this should do it! What do you think? Woody

Update: Before I posted this, I looked a little further and Sea Turtle Scuba sells these tubes through Dive Sales.com (divesales.com) and that is the web site I was sent to to order this tube. Woody

I keep mine in one of these:

Heavy Duty Dry Box "Yellow", Piranha Dive Manufacturing

If you need something a bit bigger (I just ordered one for my Nitrox Analyzer) they just started carrying these:

Wirtz Sport Case 2 w/ Clear Top Lid with Black Lower Body, Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Either box comes in black or yellow. I keep batteries in one while traveling also.

Nice idea, and they only want $8 for the yellow case. Although they want TWICE that to ship the darn thing!:shocked2: That ends up costing 24 bucks for a $8 case. :shakehead: Again, nice idea!

Sporting goods departments usually carry decent dry boxes, even tho limited selections. I got a pretty good one at my local Wal-mart.

(I have GOT to figure out how to put links into these posts.
Uh, really quite simple. See the URL address bar at the top of your page? If not, you need to expose that, which varies with browser - but easy to find how-tos on google. Also known as the Navigation bar.

Copy the entire URL (everything in the box) and paste it. On posting, it changes from the www format to a hyper link automatically, like this: Turtle Tube Case

Then you can get fancy and post photos from pages...
turtle_tube_with_o2eii.jpg
That does look nice. You'd want to keep it out of direct sunlight when not being used to avoid greenhouse effect and baking whatever you keep in one. The Analox portable CO unit has had some challenges from that.

Edit: Now you got me thinking of PVC pipe and ends. Have to sand off the end of the pipe so the end covers don't stick, or the hardware store might have other ways to plug the pipe. Wonder if the PVC would give off any fumes bad for sensors? Good way to block sunlight.

Last edited:
Nice idea, and they only want $8 for the yellow case. Although they want TWICE that to ship the darn thing!:shocked2: That ends up costing 24 bucks for a $8 case. :shakehead: Again, nice idea!

Their shipping quotes are always high. After they pack the order, there is usually a refund.

If you're looking for a decent price on Pelican cases:

http://www.pelicancase-midwest.com/acatalog/Pelican_1060_Micro_Case_with_Foam.html

It looks like this is the case Analox sell with their analyzer for over $50. It's cheaper without the foam:

http://www.pelicancase-midwest.com/acatalog/Pelican_1060_Micro_Case_with_Liner.html

Pel-1060-red.jpg

This dealer is about 2 miles from my house.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a decent price on Pelican cases:

Pelican Case Midwest Pelican 1060 Micro Case with Foam

It looks like this is the case Analox sell with their analyzer for over $50. It's cheaper without the foam:

Pelican Case Midwest Pelican 1060 Micro Case
Does Analox charge $50 for that?! :eek: I see it on their site, but no prices. (Wonder how much their hygro-thermometer is?)

So Midwest gets $30 with foam, $23 without on the Pelican 1060? Here it is for $11 including liner: Pelican 1060C Micro Case with Clear Lid and Body - Knife Country, USA Several sites offer it for $16-17. I did not check shipping rates, which is how many places getcha...!

Does Analox charge $50 for that?! :eek: I see it on their site, but no prices. (Wonder how much their hygro-thermometer is?)
So Midwest gets $30 with foam, $23 without on the Pelican 1060? Here it is for $11 including liner: Pelican 1060C Micro Case with Clear Lid and Body - Knife Country, USA Several sites offer it for $16-17. I did not check shipping rates, which is how many places getcha...!

IDK what Analox charges. A couple of places offer it with their analyzer for $49. In talking with a distributor I learned Analox is stepping on dealers who are selling for less than MSRP. The dealers are even informing on each other. I'm no marketing genius, but the biggest negative of the Analox tester is its price. It would seem to me they would sell a lot more units at a lower price. Hear that Patty? Put together a deal like that cave diving forum had last year; CO analyzer and case for < $300, or slightly more with a can of bump gas, and they would sell well. Market penetration and all that. Patty...? Patty...?

Knife Country has free shipping, on orders more than $49, but they didn't have anything else I wanted. However you did get me thinking. Pelican makes the iM2050 which would hold both of my testers and the bump gas.

Pelican iM2050 Storm Case with Foam (Yellow) IM2050-20001 B&H

$37.95 shipped. The inside dimensions are slightly bigger than a standard sheet of paper. There will even be room for the accessories. :)
568899.jpg

IDK what Analox charges. A couple of places offer it with their analyzer for $49. In talking with a distributor I learned Analox is stepping on dealers who are selling for less than MSRP. The dealers are even informing on each other. I'm no marketing genius, but the biggest negative of the Analox tester is its price. It would seem to me they would sell a lot more units at a lower price. Hear that Patty? Put together a deal like that cave diving forum had last year; CO analyzer and case for < $300, or slightly more with a can of bump gas, and they would sell well. Market penetration and all that. Patty...? Patty...?
I find it hard to believe that Analox is pushing MSRP, especially since they don't list prices. I saw that deal on the CD forum, and suspect that anyone could ask her for such a package if they wanted to organize it. You can. Remember: no good deed goes unpunished. :eyebrow:

Knife Country has free shipping, on orders more than $49, but they didn't have anything else I wanted. However you did get me thinking. Pelican makes the iM2050 which would hold both of my testers and the bump gas.

Pelican iM2050 Storm Case with Foam (Yellow) IM2050-20001 B&H

$37.95 shipped. The inside dimensions are slightly bigger than a standard sheet of paper. There will even be room for the accessories. :)
568899.jpg
Man that is huge. 16" x 21.2" x 10.6" outside. I still think the bump gas is unnecessary and I carry the 2 Analox units so easy for me to get mine in a smaller box, 2 turtle tubes, or just ziplocks carried in my backpack with other things I tote.

I find it hard to believe that Analox is pushing MSRP, especially since they don't list prices. I saw that deal on the CD forum, and suspect that anyone could ask her for such a package if they wanted to organize it. You can. Remember: no good deed goes unpunished. :eyebrow:

Man that is huge. 16" x 21.2" x 10.6" outside. Here it is for $32.50 if you don't mind Olive Drab.
Marching.gif
IM205030000 Pelican Storm iM2050 Case, Watertight, Padlockable Case, No Foam or Divider Interior, Olive Drab I still think the bump gas is unnecessary and I carry the 2 Analox units so easy for me to get mine in a smaller box, 2 turtle tubes, or just ziplocks carried in my backpack with other things I tote.

The exterior dimensions from your link: 11.8 x 9.8 x 4.7 in. Not so bad. That price is without the foam also. I think this set-up will be for when I drive. I have a locking folding bed cover on my truck, so a good case to keep it in will prevent damage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom