Cozumel has a new Gym - EGO!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those pictures are about 1000 times better than I was expecting. Just picking nits here but I've been a member of 2 different gyms in the states. The previous one was a big flashy, nation-wide outfit that I hear is about to go under. There we did pay about $4k to start up but it was to get our monthly maintenance fee down to $12. Our current gym is privately owned, mom and pop type but is more of a gym & spa with also pool, racquetball courts, full basketball court, indoor track, rock climbing wall and several rooms for group exercise and your usual compliment of cardio, strength and free weight training equipment. Joining didn't require any up-front fees but we do pay $60 per month for a family membership. I think it's a pay now or pay later situation.

Christi, That is a very fair price per month especially when considering the AC costs...year round... Mike and I pay the same for the gym we go to here in Austin. Sue

I always cringe at what what the AC costs must be at those open front jewelry and gift shops on the square. They must be making a killing on all the boat people to afford that bill! :shocked2:

Hey Christi any idea if they came up with a one week membership price?

They do have day, week, and month pricing. I do not remember the other prices, but I joined in February for 800 pesos per month. HTH

They have always had the punch cards - you can buy 5, 7 10, 20, 30, etc. punch cards - they never expire. They have had this option for several years :) This works for a lot of people - tourists or locals - depending on how often you go in a month. I go at least 5 days a week now so it is worth the monthly fee - and I've been a member since day 1 - so I haven't wanted to give that up :)

---------- Post added May 13th, 2015 at 07:24 PM ----------

Give Juan a call at xxx and ask. His English is better than mine.

You sure Juan would appreciate you giving out his number on a public forum? :wink: He owns the gym, but the girls at the front desk are the ones who sell the memberships :)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom