Cozumel Palace vs Occidental Grand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done both the Grand (last year) and the Palace (June this year). The Palace wins hands down. The only thing that the Grand has on the Palace is the beach, which the Palace doesn't really have, but otherwise, the Palace is just all around more luxuious. If you're doing a trip with non-diving wives/SO's, definitely do the Palace. If it's a guys' dive trip, then by all means, the Grand is just fine, but even in that case, the Palace is better from the standpoint of having the downtown closer for a night out. If you're staying at the Grand, you have a good 20 minute ride each way by taxi. I really liked the Grand when I stayed there, but I'd have to say that the Cozumel Palace is the best all-inclusive resort I've ever been to (and I've done a few at this point...)

I agree that the Coz Palace is the best resort we've stayed at on Cozumel, the RM, and Cancun in 7 stays. My wife is a non-diver and she agrees. We stayed there in June, and I dove with Aqua Safari (on site)- they were great. While they don't have a beach, entry to the water is easy and the swimming is great, though deep. There are sandy areas at either end of the property, with palapa's & loungers. Food was great, and the rooms excellent.

I would/may book our December trip there, but this time will have the kids with us, and I did get the impression they could get kind of bored at the Palace. If anyone can comment on the kids programs, etc. please do.

Have a great trip!

We will be staying at the Palace Sept 24 to Oct 1 for the first time (not to coz). We'll let you know what we thought. We are diving with a private guide and doing some of the advanced sites.

Hi,

Palace wins it hands down for me. Was there 3 weeks ago & apart from not having a beach was one the nicest & well run all-inclusives that I have stayed at.

We were torn between the Palace & Grand but the Palace had better reviews on www.tripadvisor.com. We aslo met some people there who had been to the Grand recently and they said that the Palace wins hands down.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom