Cozumel Palace???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
That's it. Looks OK from the front (land) side. Reports suggest the back (sea) side is where damage occured.

Backside and interior. As well as the glass in front held up, it makes you wonder why they didnt use the same quality all around.

The Palace Resorts headquarters is based in Miami and therefore between the problems in Cancun, the problems in Cozumel, and the problems in Miami all due to the hurricane there isn't much info yet. Their website is www.palaceresorts.com and that's where you can find most information on their hotels. They haven't updated the Cozumel Palace info yet...they are still assessing the damage. Your best bet for information on the Cozumel Palace is to keep checking the website or to try to call them in Miami...hopefully they will be up and running on Monday.

d56nut:
The Palace Resorts headquarters is based in Miami and therefore between the problems in Cancun, the problems in Cozumel, and the problems in Miami all due to the hurricane there isn't much info yet. Their website is www.palaceresorts.com and that's where you can find most information on their hotels. They haven't updated the Cozumel Palace info yet...they are still assessing the damage. Your best bet for information on the Cozumel Palace is to keep checking the website or to try to call them in Miami...hopefully they will be up and running on Monday.

That's very helpful. Thanks. I can only hope my travel agent is smart enough to know this, and do it.

pilot fish:
Just heard from my travel agent and Palace Hotel is giving me a full refund. They still do not have an opening date.

Excellent news! I'm going to email my travel agent and let her know! By the way, did you have any type of insurance on your hotel stay at the Palace? We didn't purchase the insurance plan so I was worried that we wouldn't get a refund.

Michelle

The last report I saw was April 30, 2006 as a scheduled opening date. Information came from a Apple Vacation website. I am scheduled there from May 22-26.

d56nut:
Excellent news! I'm going to email my travel agent and let her know! By the way, did you have any type of insurance on your hotel stay at the Palace? We didn't purchase the insurance plan so I was worried that we wouldn't get a refund.

Michelle

No, I had no travel ins at all, any type. They will give you a refund because they will not open till late March or April. The airline was good too, American Air, as was the Dive op. It could have been so much worse. It's nice to know there is some honesty and fair business practices in the World.

I will return to Coz but not until it gets back on its feet, mid 2006, and most of the mold is gone :)

We got the full refund, too! Got word from our travel agent today! We'll be back to Cozumel as soon as possible. Probably stay at a different hotel. We'll reschedule for the Palace once we know they are up and running for sure.

pilot fish:
No, I had no travel ins at all, any type. They will give you a refund because they will not open till late March or April. The airline was good too, American Air, as was the Dive op. It could have been so much worse. It's nice to know there is some honesty and fair business practices in the World.

I will return to Coz but not until it gets back on its fee, mid 2006, and most of the mold is gone :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom