Cozumel this Friday/ getting nervous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, not all dive operations have the entire group surface when one diver gets low on air. Many will have buddy teams surface separately as they reach the specified tank pressure. Make sure you understand how your divemaster is going to conduct the dive. It can be some comfort to ascend and do your safety stops together, but it's not the greatest thing in the world if you have an air-sucking-hog in your group who hits 750 psi thirty minutes into the dive when you still have plenty of air and time.

Kim,
You'll love it! My wife and I will be staying @ SCC Aug.5th-12th. This will be our 4th time in Coz and can't wait.Let us know when you get back how SCC was,it will be our first time staying there and I have heard nothing but good things about the place(ie.,good food,mostly all divers stay there,etc.).Have fun!:D

Go have a great time! You'll do great, and tell us all about it when you get back!

Ok I got to ask,You would'nt happen to be the original "Cowboy Neal"that bussed us to never ever land,would ya?Just curious.:wink: .Sorry to go off topic.

Naw, he's just a stick in the mud.

The real cowboy neal was portrayed in the Romancing the Stone movie with Michael Douglas. He was the guy driving the "air bus" that had crashed in the jungle many years before it was found. The "bricks" thing for the fire and the snake scene. :11:

Just kidding. :D :D :D

Would the real Neal please stand up? :wink:

You'll love drift diving. My only advice is to be aware of your breathing immediately. It is very easy to get all excited about being in the ocean and able to see forever. Make sure you focus on relaxing, staying calm, conserving air, and have fun!!!

sealskin98:
Naw, he's just a stick in the mud.

The real cowboy neal was portrayed in the Romancing the Stone movie with Michael Douglas. He was the guy driving the "air bus" that had crashed in the jungle many years before it was found. The "bricks" thing for the fire and the snake scene. :11:

Just kidding. :D :D :D

Would the real Neal please stand up? :wink:
Mike,
:lol: .Love that movie.Forgot the "air bus" pilots name,but if it is 'cowboyneal' how did he get the internet in the jungle?:D

Dunno, have to ask him I guess.

He should be online in a bit. :D

I felt the same way heading down. You're gonna love it. It's not like fighting surge in CA. The current usually goes one direction and everyone drifts together. Like others have said don't kick so much, just try to relax and focus on your breathing.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I did the exact same thing with the whistle and the sausage. I didn't get them til we went to Cozumel. Now they come on every dive, along with my handy pocket mirror.

Back
Top Bottom