Cozumel trip report feb 2014 - lots of photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great photos! What sort of camera rig are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use an Olympus OMD-EM-5, Nauticam housing, 12-50 lens, dual sea and sea strobes. I shoot jpeg and raw on all shots.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 02:00 PM ----------

Nice. Made me realize I didn't do one for my early Feb trip. On my monitor (calibrated to match the output from my printers) some of the darker areas are a bit dark but that may just be how they were taken. What are you using for strobes?

I use two Sea & Sea YS02's. Ran out of money for TTL cables so the strobe power is yet another adjustment I have to make. For some reason we like our monitor brighter and when I print I have to adjust the brightness up.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 02:06 PM ----------

Nice pics Dale!
What kind of rig are ya using?

Same for Carl_F. You made page two -didn't see it. It's a beast on land but with the foam floats it's not bad underwater. I use an itorch video light mounted on top of the housing that I use for night dives as my main light. All told it needs a larger camera bucket on the boat. All parts in a large Pelican case makes it a heavy carry on and lots of questions from TSA. When they ask what's in the case, they don't think it's funny when I say pelicans.

Cozumel is GREAT! Hoping to get back soon!!

Nice TR and pics! I had the same issue with TTL, have never used it. Just seems like more connections/cables that can go bad anyways. Also, don't know if you saw the recent thread about the AO soft sided coolers. Leave that Pelican at home! :wink: My whole DSLR rig is assembled and stuffed in the cooler, which is also my rinse tank and tote on the boat.

Thanks for sharing, great pics......

If I've done this correctly the link will take you to 2 photo files you can use to calibrate your monitor through the video card controls or at least help you set the brightness to match your printer's output brightness. You print the file EXACTLY as downloaded, you don't adjust it in any way. Print it (or both) & then use the print as your sample to calibrate or adjust your monitor. If the print is darker than what you see on your monitor (which it will usually be) turn your monitor's brightness down until both appear the same. You most likely won't get it perfect because the image on your monitor is back lit while the print just reflects light. Once you get the print & monitor as close to being the same as you can that's the setting you should use for editing.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1161...s/5988556991685944337?authkey=CPmXraqW8IyvqgE

Choose a photo & then use the MORE tab to select download image. Each photo is close to a 2 megabite file

Nice TR and pics! I had the same issue with TTL, have never used it. Just seems like more connections/cables that can go bad anyways. Also, don't know if you saw the recent thread about the AO soft sided coolers. Leave that Pelican at home! :wink: My whole DSLR rig is assembled and stuffed in the cooler, which is also my rinse tank and tote on the boat.
How does a soft-sided cooler protect your camera from the airline baggage handling?

How does a soft-sided cooler protect your camera from the airline baggage handling?
It's carry on, no one touches it besides me. Same with my back pack with my "Personal item" My complete video set up. :wink:

It's carry on, no one touches it besides me. Same with my back pack with my "Personal item" My complete video set up. :wink:
I'm pretty sure mine might exceed carry-on weight/size restrictions. The chances of getting such a bag gate checked makes me put all of my stuff in a Pelican-like bag where they can kick it around all they want.

I'm pretty sure mine might exceed carry-on weight/size restrictions. The chances of getting such a bag gate checked makes me put all of my stuff in a Pelican-like bag where they can kick it around all they want.

I've never been questioned or had my carryon's weighed In this part of the world. Asia is different as you know, they enforce the 15lb carry on limit. If I was ever called on weight going to the Caribbean, I would do what I do for Asia. Which is my housing, complete with Nikon D90 inside goes in the carryon (just under 15lbs). Arms go in my checked luggage. Both strobes go in my Scotte vest. Easy fix. 2 of the best investments I've ever made, AO Cooler and Scotte vest! Similar adjustments are made to my vid gear too. Lights in my vest, arms checked, housing and cam under 15lbs in back pack.

This is off the United website with regards to carry on dimensions....

• Maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm), including handles and wheels
  • Maximum dimensions for your personal item, such as a shoulder bag, backpack, laptop bag or other small item, are 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches (22 cm x 25 cm x 43 cm)

AO 24 dimensions - 17" length x10" width x12" height

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Travel_Vest.shtml?gclid=CMTtwJidhL0CFYsWMgod_U4AaA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom