Cozumel, two weeks, mid-October 2013 (just a few weeks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All three? I count at least five:

Iberostar
Secrets
Sunscape
Occidental Grand
Allegro

Secrets and Sunscape are a good bit further north and the "sandy" beach I recall from Wyndem days were more broken shells (rather uncomfortable) than coral sand.

Secrets and Sunscape are a good bit further north and the "sandy" beach I recall from Wyndem days were more broken shells (rather uncomfortable) than coral sand.
If by "a good bit" you mean a mile or two, then sure. But they're clearly still southern AIs by any stretch as you can see from this map, which lumps the five together in Box B of the South Hotel Zone: Cozumel, Mexico map with hotel locations

As for the beach, it looked like sand to me and felt like sand when I was walking across it to get to the dock.

Looks like we'll be staying on the mainland instead, October is a bad time price-wise, since this is a last-minute thing.
Perhaps the Sun Palace because of their hotel credit.

Going for R&R first, diving second.

Thank you all for the responses.

We will be staying at the Cancun Moon Palace, two weeks Oct 11-24th 2013.
First week hotel credit is 1500$ plus 1000$ for the second weeks.

That buys lots & lots of massages, land trips and boat trips.
I'll try to get a paid-for 3rd buddy from the diving staff.

You still have to tip accordingly and pay 11% tax on what you use.

Wasn't the best choice, but for the price, I can't complain. We pay high taxes in Canada, trip ends up costing just under 2100 per person. For two weeks, I am not complaining.

The all-adult resorts cost way more, but you can hotel-hop during the day, so I will visit the Coz one probably, and try to visit Hotel B, which looks nice too.

Back
Top Bottom