Cozumel via Cancun Timing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got it rebooked, different days, flying into CUN, a little bit cheaper. The difference may actually pay for the CUN-CZM roundtrip. Now to make sure I have a place to stay...

DallasNewbie:
Got it rebooked, different days, flying into CUN, a little bit cheaper. The difference may actually pay for the CUN-CZM roundtrip. Now to make sure I have a place to stay...

when are you planning on going? we'll be there in two weeks :) YAY

We'll be there Aug 2-7. We are staying at Caribe Blu and diving with Blue Angel. Where are you staying?

The airport bus to playa is 65 pesos, the ferry recently went up to 110 pesos. Plan on arriving in Cozumel about 3 hrs after your flight lands in Cancun; the immigration/cistoms lines tend to be long, then you wait for the next bus, then you wait for the next ferry; the ferrys leave on the hour. Sometimes you can make it in under three hours total, alot depends on the timing and the lines to get through customs.

I just got back this evening. The island looks great, considering. The diving was noticably better each day, and I would expect even the southern reefs to be completely normal visibility within a few days. Yesterday I dove Colombia, and it was not ideal visibility, but still a great dive. Everything from Santa Rosa north had normal visibility. There is some damage to the shallower reefs, but amazingly little considering. I found a few branches on some coral heads, and even moved a couple to sandy spots off the coral heads. Hope I saved a couple of polyps!

Back
Top Bottom