Cozumel - where to stay with kids???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In planning a diving trip, Cozumel is one of my top possibilities - have not been there before although we have been to Cancun. We're looking at probably Sept. 1-8.

Looking for advice on good places to stay if traveling with kids. We have a 7 year old daughter and another couple may also go with us (no kids).

We're especially interested in all inclusives. We like to be able to get on the boat at the resort if possible. Would like fun and safe activities for our daughter while the adults dive. Would like to avoid places that are huge but also don't want someplace so small that there aren't other people to meet (other kids for our daughter too).

Recommendations??? Thanks very much!

Hi Lucia,

When you posted this issue under the "Caribbean" section on 05-24-01, I give you hot links to two excellent all-inclusives on Cozumel with reliable childrens' programs & on-site dive ops.

Perhaps these lack something you desire?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

DocVikingo

Hi, Lucia,

In addition to Doc's suggestions, let me add the Fiesta Americana. Their web site is:

http:/www.islandream.com/island.htm

and their e-mail address is:

info@islandream.com.

They offer a summer program for children and have an on-site dive shop called, conveniently, The Dive House. WE have never used the children's program because our kids are in their 20's and 30's, but we have seen it in action and it looked good.

Joewr

Doc,

Thanks for the great info - the info. you gave me before was very helpful! I was just looking for additional recommendations. Since there are so many choices, I'd like to get personal recommendations from people who have been to some of these places.

As for Anthony's Key - I was very interested in going there but for reasons too lengthy to go into here, have decided against it. By the way, my husband and I went to Honduras last year and loved it! We stayed at Posada del Sol on Guanaja and had a wonderful time.

As for Sand Dollar in Bonaire - I think we're more interested in the all inclusive type place and I don't believe this is - and, while I'd love to go to Bonaire, I think Cozumel may be an easier trip with our daughter.

As for all inclusives in Cozumel, I think the ones that look good are Allegro, Iberostar, Fiesta Americana, but was also curious about Gala resorts and Sol Melia which I haven't seen as much information about. I think there are some others too that I can't recall right now. Any of these places look great on their websites - I'd like to hear good or bad first hand experiences.

I'm probably worrying too much - I'm sure we'll have a great time wherever we choose!

Thanks,
Lucia

Originally posted by DocVikingo
Hi Lucia,

When you posted this issue under the "Caribbean" section on 05-24-01, I give you hot links to two excellent all-inclusives on Cozumel with reliable childrens' programs & on-site dive ops.

Perhaps these lack something you desire?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

DocVikingo

is your game, then Palace Resorts is right up your alley. Course they're all across the water in Cancun and south thereof. I like the Moon Palace myself. That place is out of this world. The rooms are incredible. I here the new Aventura is great as well. You could still dive Cozumel from here, but it would be a pain. The Aventura is in Playa del Carmen just south of Cancun. From there you could dive Coz, the cenotes, Cancun, and/or Playa del Carmen. Still a pain for Coz though. I here the diving is better in Playa del Carmen than Cancun, but not quiet Cozumel. What's more is you can stay at one, eat, drink, or whatever at all 7 of them.

http://www.palaceresorts.com

Jimbo,
Excellent link.
Thanks!
:sunny:

....By the way Natasha, I hope to make a trip with y'all sometime next year. Do you have any plans in the works for Bonaire?

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo,
I'd love to add another "scuba source" memeber to our dive trips.
It's funny you should ask about Bonaire. I've been thinking of going back in 2002 along with a group of fun loving divers.
I'm not committed to a specific date yet.
Any ideas? :idea:

Since I've never been I would leave the "when" to others more knowledgeable of the best time to be there.

My only input would be to say the less expensive the better. My gateway city is Dallas/Ft Worth. I could even depart from Houston if the savings were significant.

Jimbo

Back
Top Bottom