Cozumel's positive side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thirsty Cougar is Wet Wendy's MUCH Older Sister. :D

Been there done that many times.......nothing beats the Carnival Party week except maybe Rio.:D

View attachment 115206

When is it? Mardi gras week?

Next Cozumel (was there in 2010) planned for 2014, perhaps with the Invasion 2014 ! A great place and time for wedding bells too... :kiss2:

I've been to Roatan, The Big Island, and Cozumel since 2008 and I have to say that Coz is the best dive desitination that I've been so far. There are a few reasons for me and they are as follows:

Price: It's cheaper to go to Cozumel for 2 weeks then it is to go to HI for one.
Time: from the PNW Coz is about 14 hrs including layovers (took me 2 days to get to Roatan) and Roatan's reefs are in bad shape.. (bleaching is really bad, I found all kinds of trash in the shallows in West Bay... even with the protected marine park right off the west end wall)
The Critters: out of the 3 places, Coz had the biggest critters I've seen. Didn't know that Barracuda could reach 6ft or more... :) There was just such vast amounts of life that I didn't see in HI or Roatan. I saw a turtle on Santa Rosa Wall that was so big that I thought it was the "Starship Enterprise" My DM later said, "that guy has probably been around since the early 1800s", and that it was very rare to see one that size.
The Viz: Any question here... ?

After returning from HI and Roatan I was completely worn out. "Had to go back to work to get some rest..." when I returned from Coz I was refreshed, mood was better, and I was much more thankful for my life.

I have only been once to each destination, but I will return to Coz every year (wallet permitting) until I can dive no more. Still want to see the GBR and Tahiti... but until then, I will be happy to return to Coz!! AND DIVE WITH SCC!! :D

Last edited:
Next Cozumel (was there in 2010) planned for 2014, perhaps with the Invasion 2014 ! A great place and time for wedding bells too... :kiss2:
Or you could come to the Invasion this year and we could make it a double header.. We've got dibs on the 7th but you could kick off the event. :thumbs-up

Can't afford it this year, there's a certain thing to do before, and that's going to be in Grand Cayman.

:marriage: So bug me plenty for Invade 2013 !!! :marriage:

Meanwhile try to round up someone else for next year.

LOL, its funny you call it the restaurant with the yellow table cloths because my wife and I can never remember the name of the place so we call it the restaurant with the yellow table cloths!

Maybe "Dorado," the home of the many enchilada choices? :)

Back
Top Bottom