Crappy Dive Boat on Maui Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here it is very common to ID a person with an add on of their nationality. "you know Haole Jim" or "Japanese Mike" just to narrow down who it might be that you are talking about. Nothing hateful, racist or anything along those lines is intended.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

That being said, it is a bit off topic and we now return to the topic of the thread

Last edited:
Nah - I don't have a chip on my shoulder. The whole rant just seemed a bit angry and I thought maybe the OP just doesn't communicate well with Asians or something - and I noticed she was from the South so maybe she's not used to them. But mostly I just thought it was funny (again, I didn't get offended) how people will ID some races, but usually not others. I guess Asians can take it - or maybe some other races can't, or maybe they're scared of them. hahah - don't take it too seriously - just an observation.

I've gone on boats with a bunch of beginners. I was once a beginner too and I think it's great that new people are trying scuba so I don't get all upset when I have to dive with them. And I don't get all upset when dive guides follow safety procedures - it is their job - nobody wants dead or lost divers on their watch.

So I suppose it would be an insult to say he or she was the "FASTEST" runner in the race, my husband is a "TALL" man, The one with curly hair. "PC" come on... this crap is just ridiculous. I thought it was taboo to say "oriental" now it is "PC" to say Asian which by the way, covers an entire continent. Make up your minds "PC" enthusiasts!

Just an observation

This is funny, but I gotta jump in here. Why do some people think it's PC to say things like "Asian girl" yet they would never say [in public] "some black guy, some middle eastern dude..."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type of Oriental guy that normally gets offended by that stuff but I think you saying stuff like that discredits you a bit and makes you sound like an angry, Asian girl hating person.

I'm not a dive op so don't play that one either. Coincidentally though, a couple years ago when I visited Maui I did book a Carthaginian & Manta dive through Maui Dreams and dove with Maui Diamond and I do remember a girl that fits your description. I didn't have any problems with her or the crew, but I'm a pretty easy going guy - actually I remember having a nice chat with them.

Aloha Floridagulfpalms and fellow Scubaboarders! As you will be able to tell by my posting number, I am new here. My name is Don and I do run the Maui Diamond II.

Sorry to get in on this so late in the game, but I am not exactly an internet saavy guy and just had another customer foward this link to me. Needless to say, it was distrurbing to read this post and I am very interested to learn more from Floridagulfpalms. Some of the things mentioned sound plausible, some are just plain impossible.

Also, after reviewing emails and spam folders with a fine tooth comb, I can assure you that neither the shop nor the boat received any sort of communication from this poster. It is our practice to handle customer concerns immediately; remember, we WANT to please folks! If I don't know it's broke, I can't fix it.

Floridagulfpalm, I invite you to contact me directly at don@wedivemaui.com or via phone and I will be happy to discuss this with you - though you may not dive with us again, you do still matter.

Fellow Scuba Boarders, I hope we meet again under kinder circumstances. I will have no access to internet service until after the 22nd of this month, so Floridagulfpalms, I will not be able to respond to you until then, but I can assure you of a speedy response at that time.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I crossed them off my list years ago. I was actually diving with another shop on this day when they carelessly decided to dive the back wall. The shop I dove with knew it was too rough to even make a trip to Molokini. They wisely took us to the South side where it was nice and calm.

CDNN :: Molokini divers rescued after 6 hours drifting at sea

I'll put my faith elsewhere.

ccredifo, you do realize that none of the crew involved in the above linked '03 incident have worked for the Maui Diamond II for years and management of the boat has been taken over by Maui Dreams Dive Shop, starting just over 2 years ago.

Those facts and the use of CDNN for the story make your opinion highly suspect. If I were to link a web page on this incident it would be this one;

Current sweeps group out to sea | The Honolulu Advertiser | Hawaii's Newspaper

Ok, as a diver that has logged over 600 dives in the last six years, on everything from air to tri-mix and certified in 1960 I think I'm qualified to comment on the floridagulfpalms experience.

Before finding the Maui Diamond II I used several other dive operators on Maui with mixed results. My experience with Maui Dreams and the Maui Diamond II has been outstanding for several reasons. Don the Captin is not only very safety conscious but does his best to provide interesting dives for his passengers. Kat, our Dive Master was very down to earth and did an excellent job of keeping track of all her divers while at the same time finding little creatures for show and tell that most would have missed. She obviously has a passion for her work, and loves what she does.

As far as doing dives close to shore I've found that most operators on Maui do their second dive near to shore as the trade winds kick up in the afternoon.

All in all I've had more fun diving with Maui Dreams, on the Maui Diamond than any other dive operator in Maui, and would pick Kat as my ideal Dive Master with half a century of experience to draw on.

Thanks for the correction. I'm going to rush out and book some dives with them ASAP.

Just do one thing........do not ever make decisions based on the schit that spews fromt the "National Enquirer" of the scuba world. If you base decisions on what you read in CDNN then you deserve everything you get. They are true feeders who add way more fiction to their stories than they do fact.

Beyond that, I for one could care less what you do.

Just do one thing........do not ever make decisions based on the schit that spews fromt the "National Enquirer" of the scuba world. If you base decisions on what you read in CDNN then you deserve everything you get. They are true feeders who add way more fiction to their stories than they do fact.

Beyond that, I for one could care less what you do.

So, you're questioning the accuracy of the report from CDNN :: Molokini divers rescued after 6 hours drifting at sea?

Umm, OK

Back
Top Bottom