Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's important to give credit where credit is due. I sent two Cressi Leonardos to CressiUSA Returns with Michael's help and it was sent back postage paid within a few days. One was operational after the battery change and the other had the dreaded blank screen. Michael said to send both back and they both would be re-programmed and diagnostics done. Well done Cressi for making this repair easy.
Agreed, and thanks for the reminder. They sent me a note indicating they found a trace of water inside, which they felt was the cause. I don't know that I agree, since this was not my first time with a low battery/battery replacement issue on this, but to their credit, they sent me a new device as a replacement, despite mine being long out of warranty. They absolutely deserve customer service kudos for that, even though I still think there is a firmware issue.

Hi, we can complete a firmware fix on Cressi Leonardo and Giotto computers. The common issue is that the battery is replaced and the computer has a blank screen but you can hear it turn on/off. Please get in touch with us so we can fix this for you!
Please note this is for computers in the UK only.
Emma, Cressi UK.
Hi Emma,

I had the same problem of my Leonardo and need get help.
How can I contact you or Cressi UK?

I spoke to a cressi service center today who informed me the reason is I am using a duracell battery instead of varta battery. Apparently there is a difference in milliamp power.i have ordered a varta battery so watch this space
Did you have any luck with this? Getting ready for the Philippines trip and am having the exact same experience as the folks on this thread, with the same computer. I leave in 4 days so I'm hoping the varta battery did the trick for you? I just saw a kit on Amazon that can get here just in time.

I'm having the same problem as everyone on this thread - Cressi Leonardo dive computer, went to change the battery and when turning it back on, a double beep and brief screen on, then nothing.

I took the dive computer to a scuba service shop today (Glynn with Pacific Scuba Repair in Calabasas - if you are in the Los Angeles area, he's top of the line for servicing equipment). He says Cressi needs to fix this directly.

For what it's worth, to add a little info to this mystery everyone has, he put the computer in a pressurized water chamber, and it still didn't turn on. When he released the pressure to take it out of the chamber, the computer's alarm went off-- as if I were diving and ascending too quickly. So it seems the computer itself may be working but the screen is not.

Cressi Leonardo Problems Common defect Fault

Just send directly to Cressi factory in Genua .
Cressi sub S.p.A
Via G. Adamoli 501
16165 Genova, Italy
Add card with you contact data attached to wrist strap.
Put Fredie Schuiling as a person to deliver.

Hi, we can complete a firmware fix on Cressi Leonardo and Giotto computers. The common issue is that the battery is replaced and the computer has a blank screen but you can hear it turn on/off. Please get in touch with us so we can fix this for you!
Please note this is for computers in the UK only.
Emma, Cressi UK.
Hello.
I've had my Cressi leonardo repaired in october 2021 due to the blank display issue and has been working ok since then. Duracell battery was inserted at repair time.
Now the same issue returned. It beeps but no numbers are showed in the display.
I'm based it the uk.

Can you please assist?
Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom