Cressi Newton vs Mares Matrix & others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ja717

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello guys,
I am new in the forum so first of all Hi to all, jacopo from Italy "average diver".
I would like your opinion on my next watch-like computer.
I am watching cressi newton (basically a nicer giotto) & the mares matrix, I read a lot but did not find a real comparison of middle-range computers. From a computer I ask gas air+nitrox and underwater gas change and a reasonable price.
Please if you have any other suggestion (oceanic, aqualung?) just tell me!
Thanks

Take a look at the Oceanic Geo 2, dual algorithm DSAT and PZ+, 2 mix

You might also want to look at the Ratio iDive Easy, made in Italy, 6 preset Buhlmann ZH-L16B GFs, 2 gas, can be upgraded to AI

Learn a bit about deco algorithms before you make your purchase. Cressi and Mares both run conservative RGBM variants

I have Cressi Newton. It is a very nice computer, does all the job, never had issues. Did already more than 50 dives with it. Also, had nitrox and 2 gas options. This dive computer has everything what advanced recreational diver wants. Also, do not listen to these talks about conservative or not conservative computers. Only in rare cases you will come to situation when you will reach NDL on rec dive. But then you will run out of gas and will have to ascend. For example today i was doing wreck diving at 30 m depth. My computer showed that i have 5 min to deco but i already depleted my gas and had to properly ascend (with safety stop). Could not stay longer even if i wanted. DM had Shearwater perdix which showed 10 min to Deco. Usually on normal rec dives you will have only few minutes difference in NDL.

Highly recommend Cressi newton. If you have any questions, you can send me PM.

I have Cressi Newton. It is a very nice computer, does all the job, never had issues. Did already more than 50 dives with it. Also, had nitrox and 2 gas options. This dive computer has everything what advanced recreational diver wants. Also, do not listen to these talks about conservative or not conservative computers. Only in rare cases you will come to situation when you will reach NDL on rec dive. But then you will run out of gas and will have to ascend. For example today i was doing wreck diving at 30 m depth. My computer showed that i have 5 min to deco but i already depleted my gas and had to properly ascend (with safety stop). Could not stay longer even if i wanted. DM had Shearwater perdix which showed 10 min to Deco. Usually on normal rec dives you will have only few minutes difference in NDL.

Highly recommend Cressi newton. If you have any questions, you can send me PM.
Obviously, depends on your dive profile(s) and your gas consumption

I'd say it depends on the prices where you are: over here in US you can get a Seac Guru (re-badged Ratio Easy I'm told) for less than the Newton, and it's much more computer for the money.

I'd say it depends on the prices where you are: over here in US you can get a Seac Guru (re-badged Ratio Easy I'm told) for less than the Newton, and it's much more computer for the money.
Yes, the Guru is a rebranded Ratio iDive Sport Easy. I've not seen the prices for the Guru anywhere near that of the Cressi Newton. Where did you see this? The Guru would be a much better computer. I see it at the same price as the Ratio computer

Yes, the Guru is a rebranded Ratio iDive Sport Easy. I've not seen the prices for the Guru anywhere near that of the Cressi Newton. Where did you see this? The Guru would be a much better computer. I see it at the same price as the Ratio computer

Amazon. You can get 3-year protection for 10 bucks or 4 for 15, which is more than what you'll get through an authorized dealer, so...

Amazon. You can get 3-year protection for 10 bucks or 4 for 15, which is more than what you'll get through an authorized dealer, so...
Looks like you can get a Newton for $289, a Guru of $599, do you see different? I'd take the Guru

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom