Crotch straps for Oceanic BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am thinking of buying the Dive Rite 1 inch straps. I have the Oceanic Pro bc.

I would attach them to the front d rings(bottom of bc) and than attach it to the waist belt.

Any tips,warnings, suggestions or alternatives.
Thnx

I would attach them to the front d rings(bottom of bc) and than attach it to the waist belt.

I have two BCD's that I have done this to. A Knighthawk that I have dove and taught in for the past five years and a Black Diamond.

I went with two inch webbing as this is the same as the setup on my BP/W combos.
I replaced the plastic backpack with a 6lb. SS plate on both BCD's.

Simply sew the crotch strap to the bottom of you plastic backplate. Leave enough room so that have about 2 inches of extra slack when you put the BCD on. This prevents any type of binding or pulling. An added advantage is that it keep the BCD from shifting. And when you inflate on the surface you won't fall out the bottom.

If you have a belt on your BCD make a loop and secure it with a keeper. Then run the loop through your BCD belt. That way when you undo your belt the crotch strap drops free. No need to disconnet anything.

If you have a velcro front then clipping on to a d-ring under the velcro may be your only option.

Alternatives: Sell your poodle jacket and buy a rig that is designed to be used with a crotch strap.

I have two BCD's that I have done this to. A Knighthawk that I have dove and taught in for the past five years and a Black Diamond.

I went with two inch webbing as this is the same as the setup on my BP/W combos.
I replaced the plastic backpack with a 6lb. SS plate on both BCD's.

Simply sew the crotch strap to the bottom of you plastic backplate. Leave enough room so that have about 2 inches of extra slack when you put the BCD on. This prevents any type of binding or pulling. An added advantage is that it keep the BCD from shifting. And when you inflate on the surface you won't fall out the bottom.

If you have a belt on your BCD make a loop and secure it with a keeper. Then run the loop through your BCD belt. That way when you undo your belt the crotch strap drops free. No need to disconnet anything.

If you have a velcro front then clipping on to a d-ring under the velcro may be your only option.

Thnx.

Alternatives: Sell your poodle jacket and buy a rig that is designed to be used with a crotch strap.

You take all the fun out of DIY:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom