Cruise ship diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjsylver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I originally posted this in the basic board.
Allright everyone, I need some help. I'm going on one of those family type cruises (25th anniversary and some friends are coming also) and will be in Georgetown on April 4, from 9 am until I have to be back on the Freedom of the Seas by 5:00. I need an operator who can squeeze my son and I into a two tank dive and get us back to the boat on time. According to the cruise line, they are not booking any dive trips. I'm a full time school teacher by trade, so an expensive charter will probably be out. I am a dive supervisor and my 16 year old son is working on his advanced. Anyone have a name or number you can pass along. I can't go a whole week in the caribbean without getting under 10 feet.

Help me!!!!

Would you consider a shore dive?

I responded to your post in the original forum, so that still stands (Seasports for a boat dive, Sunset House for shore dives).

About that folding knife...

Check with your cruise line about their knife policy. Some cruise lines will not allow you to board with a knife. I have been asked every time I reboard as they put my gear through x-ray machine "Do you have a dive knife?" I take EMT shears when I'm on a cruise, and have not had a problem.

When you get to shore at the terminal, turn right and walk down the street (200-300 yards) to Eden Rocks Dive Center. You can rent equipment and shore dive there and still get some lunch at nearby restaurants.

Second the recommendation for Eden Rock. Get off the boat in Georgetown harbour, turn right, and you are almost there. One of the best shore dives available to Devils Grotto, and the staff is very helpfull! Low stress, closeby, and shore entry. What else could you ask for while you are cruising? Recommend you call in advance so they are expecting you.

By the way - stop by at "Cheeseburger in Paradise" on the way back and have a Mudslide for me!

Dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom