Curacao vs Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Care to elaborate on that sentiment?

I think they may have added land sailing during that time. And, maybe a few more restaurants.

We're mostly interested in boat dives, which appear to be more common than Bonaire.

I'm Atlanta based. Getting to Bonaire or Aruba is easy. How are the flights on Divi Divi Air? I seem to remember reading they are quite unreliable. Is that still true?
We fly into Curacao direct out of NYC, it's generally half, occasionally a third of the cost of flying to Bonaire. There are plenty of boat diving opportunities on both islands. Including the east side of Bonaire, and a small island a ways away from Curacao, maybe Klein Curacao?

Nice beaches in Curacao with easier entry than Bonaire, but a lot more driving between dive sires. I love both.

Oh, they now have direct to Curacao out of NYC??? No more going through Miami? What airlines?
Jet Blue,
Really good flight times, and you can't beat the price, this is for the "Blue something Level" includes a carry on.
Screenshot_20230401-151935.png

Jet Blue,
Really good flight times, and you can't beat the price, this is for the "Blue something Level" includes a carry on.
View attachment 777099

Checked in luggage, is that additional charge? How much?

Checked in luggage, is that additional charge? How much?
I'm not looking that up for you unless your checking me in one of the bags😜

I'm not looking that up for you unless your checking me in one of the bags😜
I am on my mobile now, their site blocks IPs from Libya so can't access it now. I have to get to my laptop with the VPN tomorrow. Many sites in US do that.

JFK would be interesting, but I still need a night before and after with that schedule to get to JFK from where I am in NY (so a flight, train, or something costly as I am 9 hours from JFK)... We do direct out of YYZ (Toronto), going up the night before and driving home the night of arrival back in North America.......

First bag each way is like $30 or $40 each way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom