Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cove 2 Thursday still fairly low vis (7-10 feet)
Mukilteo today (Friday) 7 ft shallow and about 10 ft at 40 fsw and below.

64th and Alki (Junk Yard). Low vis again today (7-10 ft).

I assume it’s like this everywhere in this area due to all of the recent rain and river washouts?

Yesterday, Tzoonie Narrows, Sechelt ... looking over the side of the boat I could clearly see plumose anemones on the bottom. The depth gauge was reading 64 feet.

Today ... looking down from the surface I could make out the shadowy white shapes of scuba cylinders as divers explored the rear deck of the Chaudierre, at a depth of nearly 60 fsw.

Divers estimates of vis for the week-end ranged from 70 to over 100 feet ... unfortunately I had a head cold and had to stay on the boat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, Bob, that's a unique form of torture . . . so sorry!

Bob,
Please say hi to Cal and Anne for me!
Sorry you had to stay aboard....:(
Kirsten

NWGratefulDiver:
Yesterday, Tzoonie Narrows, Sechelt ... looking over the side of the boat I could clearly see plumose anemones on the bottom. The depth gauge was reading 64 feet.

Today ... looking down from the surface I could make out the shadowy white shapes of scuba cylinders as divers explored the rear deck of the Chaudierre, at a depth of nearly 60 fsw.
Cheng and I did the Tzoonie Narrows dive, and at 50 fsw I rolled over on my back and could see the outlines of the trees lining the inlet! We could also see every single diver in the water; it was like a Caribbean dive, except the water was 48 F. :)

The first dive on the Chaud was the best... the others hadn't kicked up the silt yet, and the majority of the boat was visible on descent. Cheng and I descended onto the superstructure for the first dive. I was rather concerned that the ship's orientation would cause me vertigo. Fortunately, I had no such problems. I was probably overly conservative with Cheng's air, I hope she's not too pissed at me, Bob. :hideing_b

Jimie

kalvyn:
I was probably overly conservative with Cheng's air, I hope she's not too pissed at me, Bob. :hideing_b

Jimie
Not at all ... she was happy to have a dive buddy she knew and trusted ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We were at Detroit lake (near Salem) today.

What with all the rain this past month the visibility was about 3 feet.

Since it was only for testing some new gear we had, I wasn't too bothered since we got something useful out of it.

Makes me wish even harder for my next Puget Sound dive...

Don't get too excited...I hear viz isn't that much better up here in the PNW.
K

Back
Top Bottom