Question Custom harness for back plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A very interesting one I had seen once used a QR buckle on a continuous run of web. When you unbuckled it, it took a fold out of the harness, but still was solid... Allowed you slack on one side to get in/out...

I make my own "H-Harness" as a modification to the "standard" configuration. Different body types do not always work with the "standard" configuration.

YMMV

I am thick ...You got a pic?
No, but does this help:

1655146184613.jpeg

The buckle can be a pinch, or one of the metal slot types used in fall protection, or similar.

I have buckles like this sourced from Piranha Dive.

1655146365538.png

I am thick ...You got a pic?
It’s hard to show in pics but…
56724179-3252-4979-9CB4-5BFF6423C983.jpeg

space between backplate and T, my knife goes there
CB4A7853-4CA8-4D43-993E-832EB417A5EE.jpeg

Zeagle trim pocket fits on the belt and I stabilize it to the lower chest strap
0E257E45-79C4-46CB-9C1E-80A0EB9304CC.jpeg

this is the T that is hidden by the Velcro stabilizer on the weight pouch
918173FF-9E51-4B24-9884-245C8B6AA4FE.jpeg
I use a standardD ring as the pivot point and attach the lower strap and chest strap to it
6F242ED0-C76B-4043-92A8-BEF2BF81D3C0.jpeg
Parts is parts. I don’t use a release because I don’t need it.

Does it have a grommet in the middle where the two shoulder straps connects to the plate? Or do you just run two keepers on the shoulder straps to keep them secure to the plate?

I got an "adjustable" harness. It doesn't adjust. Seriously - the nylon buckles are close to impossible to adjust, especially when wet. It also turns out I have never once made use of a shoulder quick-release. Because of its design, the highest shoulder D-rings are impossible to adjust and are too high. I got, and love, the DGX loop adjustment rings, then realized that what I have is an overpriced, less-adjustable one-piece harness. I'm now ordering a length of webbing to replace everything except the loop adjustment rings and the waist buckle.

Just an off the wall thought what about using a waist buckle instead of a quick release??? Similar bulk and profile. An accidental release could be an issue but one could put a tri-glide on the tail end so to prevent it from going through the buckle. The tri-glide could also be used to limit the adjustment length.

Does it have a grommet in the middle where the two shoulder straps connects to the plate? Or do you just run two keepers on the shoulder straps to keep them secure to the plate?
The top part of my set up is one piece threaded through the slots, if I were using a standard plate I would burn a hole in it for the bolt, an actual grommet isn’t necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom