Question Custom harness for back plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly I dont like the looks of a 1 piece.....I like two d rings on each shoulder and more attachment points...I am running a metal detector ,lights , and pin pointer , plus a wreck bag to put the goodies in...I know exactly what I want in a harness just need to know how to make it... I bought a OMS comfort III and sent it back because it was to tight.. One guy said I could have added some webbing but for 800 bucks for a wing and plate I opted out of that.
You can thread as many D-rings as you want on standard 2" webbing.

Do you really need adjustment or just an easier way to get the harness on and off? If it's the latter, you can add a break with buckle on one side of the harness. Like this:

g24214-jpg.641045

If you don't want to have to sew anything, you can create a loop of extra material instead of the break. Like this:

buckle2-1-jpg.641183

Both images are from this thread (link fixed): Subgravity Paragon harness

Yes it is the on and off issue for me that scares or worries me about a one piece..Let me look at the pics close to see what you got setup. Thanks

On the bottom pic ...Do you just pull up pointed looking clip to get the loop to release and give you extra room? Thanks

The top part of my set up is one piece threaded through the slots, if I were using a standard plate I would burn a hole in it for the bolt, an actual grommet isn’t necessary.
What is the correct or best way to burn the hole?

Here's a video on how to assemble a deluxe harness on a backplate. This video shows a kit that Dive Rite sells, but for the most part a deluxe harness is a deluxe harness.

Not that it matters, but I've got a plate rigged up hogarthian and others rigged up deluxe. I prefer the deluxe.

I really appreciate all the help from everyone! I know it takes time to figure all this stuff out over the years...Thanks for the fast track lessons!

On the bottom pic ...Do you just pull up pointed looking clip to get the loop to release and give you extra room? Thanks
I had the wrong thread link, It's fixed now. But here's a link directly to the post by @Wibble - Subgravity Paragon harness

Here's what it looks like when the buckle is undone. It gives you several inches of slack, but it's still one piece of webbing.

buckle2-3-jpg.641185

Here's a video on how to assemble a deluxe harness on a backplate. This video shows a kit that Dive Rite sells, but for the most part a deluxe harness is a deluxe harness.

Also watch this one on removing and rethreading a standard harness. It's very detailed and thus long, but that's a good thing if you are thinking about doing this for the first time:

Once you are done installing your harness, take a look at this video for how to adjust it properly:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom