Question Custom harness for back plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a few ideas I don't normally use the chest strap. My harness fits nice for a drysuit, but diving 7mm semi-dry it's a bit looser, and don't use it. But need it with my shorty...

Attachments

• 20220613_174303.jpg
    20220613_174303.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220613_173950.jpg
    20220613_173950.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 50
some thing you might want to check out is a loop adjustment ring
dx-60260_3a.jpg

it allows for easier donning and doffing, and makes adjustment a lot easier....while retaining the benefits of a 1 piece harness.

i run one on the plate i set up for my drysuit, and it makes getting the BC on and off a lot easier......and if i want to dive that plate in my wetsuit, i dont need to do any adjusting.

some thing you might want to check out is a loop adjustment ring
dx-60260_3a.jpg

it allows for easier donning and doffing, and makes adjustment a lot easier....while retaining the benefits of a 1 piece harness.

i run one on the plate i set up for my drysuit, and it makes getting the BC on and off a lot easier......and if i want to dive that plate in my wetsuit, i dont need to do any adjusting.
That is what I suggested. It is super cheap and simple AND the OP will probably be surprised how much a little tug gives with respect to shoulder slack. There is no problem with getting out of the rig, in the water or in the john boat. That would be my first try before clips and other adjustable clips.

I have been through a TON of harness designs and I hate the one piece non-adjustable, (that everyone here apparently loves).

I wear weight pockets on my harness belt..I wonder how that will affect it?
You’ll need the T bar type anchor to support the weights, a one piece wont hold them up and retain the sliding adjustability.

You’ll need the T bar type anchor to support the weights, a one piece wont hold them up and retain the sliding adjustability.
How about attaching the weight pouches to the plate in addition to the belt.

Like you, Lex, I use the Zeagle Rear-Weight pouches as primary dropable weighing. I put a hole through the loop-tabs that you are wrapping around the lower shoulder straps/Ts and then bolt it to the plate. On the plus side, the zippers are forward, making (un)loading a little easier and it puts the weight right on my hips. The very similar Zip-Touch versions have holes for that purpose.

Zip_Touch_zeagle_weight_system.__15686.1367863927.1280.1280.jpg

How about attaching the weight pouches to the plate in addition to the belt.

Like you, Lex, I use the Zeagle Rear-Weight pouches as primary dropable weighing. I put a hole through the loop-tabs that you are wrapping around the lower shoulder straps/Ts and then bolt it to the plate. On the plus side, the zippers are forward, making (un)loading a little easier and it puts the weight right on my hips. The very similar Zip-Touch versions have holes for that purpose.

Zip_Touch_zeagle_weight_system.__15686.1367863927.1280.1280.jpg
I have a pair of those, considering drilling the freedom plate to use them, I think most standard plates will have holes ready to go for this type but I think the CD still needs the more forward attachment point for the shoulder straps to work comfortably with his 54” chest.

I have a pair of those, considering drilling the freedom plate to use them, I think most standard plates will have holes ready to go for this type but I think the CD still needs the more forward attachment point for the shoulder straps to work comfortably with his 54” chest.

Yea probably right on the H-Harness. I prefer it and I'm not close to 54", but still bigger up top. My angled Ts land ahead of the weight pouches, and I still "need" the sternum strap to lock everything down under water. I've been known to dive in unusual attitudes and can't stand stuff wobbling around.

I have 3 "square" holes along each edge of my FP for use with 1/4" carriage bolts. I use them for securing the perfed Zeagle Rear-Weight pouch tabs and either:
  • Webbing holding 4 DGX trim pouches
  • Tecline Long Trim Pockets holding trim-weights and survival equipment (PLB, Poncho, survival SMB, Nautilus Lifeline, Strobe)

Back
Top Bottom