Custom Made Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnorris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm one of those people who are not built to fit the "standard" sizes that wetsuits are usually sold in, so I'm going to be looking at having a custom suit made. I did a search and read the previous threads that talk about the subject, but there really isn't that much that's been posted recently. I did read the recent thread regarding WetWear suits, and the feedback on that firm seems quite positive, so that's a good starting point.

I've been looking at lots of internet sites lately regarding custom-made/custom-fit wetsuits and I'm interested to know if anyone has recently had a suit made from any of these firms: Henderson, LiquidFit, WetWear, Nemo, or any others that any of you might have had recent experience with. I've read all the advertising hype for all the wetsuit suppliers that Google will find, but I'm interested in some real-world experience in working with these firms. I'm willing to spend good money for a good suit, but a bit of a head start on who to be talking to would be a good thing.

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

WetWear is the only custom wetsuit maker still utilizing G-231N Rubatex neoprene which is considered the best material available as it compresses materially less than cheaper foreign made chemical blown neoprene. I have two suits and am very pleased with the product...

My WetWear suit shrank appreciably during a few dives to the point where I couldn't wear it. This was after something like 15 dives. No, I didn't gain weight. Also, I purchased carpet pad kneepads (WetWear's recommendation) and they kept blowing out to the point where it became goofy to keep sending it back. The first kneepad blew out after dive 2. This very expensive custom suit now hangs in the closet until I can find some really stocky, smaller woman, or teen to wear the darn thing.

X

I have the same problem as you do. I went to my LDS and they said that some companies like Henderson will put extension on a wetsuit that closely fits you. It of course cost more but it may be cheaper than getting a fully custom wetsuit.

My WetWear suit shrank appreciably during a few dives to the point where I couldn't wear it. This was after something like 15 dives. No, I didn't gain weight. Also, I purchased carpet pad kneepads (WetWear's recommendation) and they kept blowing out to the point where it became goofy to keep sending it back. The first kneepad blew out after dive 2. This very expensive custom suit now hangs in the closet until I can find some really stocky, smaller woman, or teen to wear the darn thing.

X

Neoprene shrank? Hmm...

I'd check 1st with these 2: Carolyn @ Liquidfit.com AND with Ed @ aquaflite.com..

Harvey's - Sizing Chart

Find a Harveys dealer. They also do custom suits and have a big range of sizes. Henderson is the last I'd consider if needing an off size. They are also too expensive and have a rep I'd be leery of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom