Customer service at its best!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mafiaman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Took my nephews to Florida to dive the springs they are 13 and 14, both Jr. advanced.
We planned some power diving, 3 springs one day with the last being a night dive at Ginnie.
On or way South out of Georgia my youngest nephew who is just like me, ( the family joke is I fathered him) Just had to explore my 550 UZ in the 037 housing, taking the camera out to familiarize him self with it, If it can be taken apart than it must be!.

So our first stop, The Blue Grotto, Had great safe dives with me videoing and the nephews passing the Oly back and forth, I did not check the camera before the dive. Post dive I ask to see some of the pictures they took. You guessed it, flooded, 3/4" water in the housing he left the top hook undone. I took the batteries out with hopes of the miracle dry out. Well I'm not that lucky. When I got home I called Oly, they emailed me the service return authorization, I mailed it and four days later got a letter explaining my camera was screwed and the repairs would be $313!! I called them and explained how the above story went and that I could replace my nephew for less. The woman, Virginia, tells me not to kill him yet and she calls the service department, she comes back on the phone still giggling about the fate of my nephew and tells me they will repair it at a substantial discount explaining they are a large family company who understands.

Long story short, Virgina and Oly saved a teenager so he may live to be tortured by his uncle another day. I got the camera back today, the entire ordeal including mail time was only 10 days, That's Service!!

Well, as a Canon and Nikon shooter, I can only hope that they stand up like Oly did. Good for you and good for them. It is nice to hear about companies doing right by their customers once in a while.

Thats nice to hear especially since I just bought 2 Olympus cameras and my wife now wants to use them. She's not especially kind to anything mechanical. :shocked2:

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom