Cyber Aqualand Nx - a "real" computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie:
Have to disagree with you there - the Mares Nemo utilises a more up to date Mares/Wienke RGBM algorithm and the Atom is capable of receiving data from up to three wireless transmitter, as well as being nitrox capable up to 99%.
Neither Mares nor Suunto's "implementations" of the Wiencke's algorthim is anywhere close to real RGBM. The only dive computer currently using RGBM is the Hydrospace Explorer. That's it, no matter what the box or salesmen are telling you.

That aside, Uwatec has a new watch-sized computer, Suunto the Mosquito and Stinger, and DiveRite the Nitek+.

I have the latter, it has a composite housing like the Mosquito, but does 2 Nitrox mixes. First one to 50% and a fixed pO2 of 1.4, the second to 99% and a fixed O2 of 1.6. Good backlight, gauge mode, settings for salt & freshwater, metric and imperial etc.

I like it as a back-up, but to get to all the info you have to scroll through 3 different screens. I for don't like scrolling very much. The more features, the more scrolling. And of course the display is small. Important numbers are easy to read, but the tiny descriptions of them are not. Personally I prefer a full-size computer with an easy to read display, where you can read all important information at a glance. In that repspect the before mentioned Explorer is unbeatable, followed by Uwatec computers, imho.

fsik:
I think that's the Hyper Aqualand, but the 'Cyber' model seems newer...haven't seen it before, either. Demo at Citizen quite clearly shows it figuring NDL, PO2, nitrox to 50%, altitude, planning, full logging/download.

Quite a ton of stuff on a teeny tiny display, tho.

Sorry, my mistake!!

caveseeker7:
Neither Mares nor Suunto's "implementations" of the Wiencke's algorthim is anywhere close to real RGBM. The only dive computer currently using RGBM is the Hydrospace Explorer. That's it, no matter what the box or salesmen are telling you.

Indeed. This has been pointed out ad nauseum on this board. See also:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=941513#post941513

To be honest, I don't really have much information on the Mares/Weinke RGBM, so cannot comment.

Reviewed this computer (its a fully featured dive computer) last year. Impressed...

Compares well to the Suunto Stinger has more features and is not as conservative with stops and no fly time.

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/Aqualand.htm

Hope this clears this up.

Mares is the full Wienke RGBM, honestly. He worked with Mares on it.

It isn't for full on deco/mixed gas but is full Wienke for recreational air/nitrox use.

Been using the Aqualand NX most of this year and really like it. The dive profile feature is really slick to check out at your surface interval. Also graphical profile during your safety stop is pretty cool too. I do use it as a backup though to my Oceanic Pro Plus 2. Don't think I would use it as my only computer but would trust it should my other computer fail UW. It is conservative at depth and a little more liberal on ascents.

Back
Top Bottom