Cypress Springs 1-8-05 & Morrison Spring 1-9-05 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley:
I'm not asking you to give away any hard earned secrets but could you enlighten us on the boat ramp on 277 either by post or pm????
The biggest secret is finding the boat launch sign that is tucked behind some other signs - very hard to see. I got the information from jviehe so I think it's pretty public.

From the town of Vernon go North on 277 and keep looking on the left for the hidden sign. The small road winds around until it ends up at a boat ramp. The ramp is maintained by Washington County. They do have a port-a-potty there, but bring your own T.P.. Launch from the ramp and turn right, heading upstream, and go about a mile to a mile and a half. Take a left up the spring run for about another quarter mile and you're there. Trip upstream takes about 20 minutes by canoe. The boat launch is about half way between Beckton and Cypress. This shaves off at least 2/3 of the trip from the boat ramp at 79 and 279 on the other side of Vernon (that's where Vortex dropped us off on our first trip).

There is a broken donation box there for maintaining the launch area. I may try to find out how to donate directly to support the upkeep. The box is not at all usable. It would be great to keep this area for us to use. It can't hurt to support the local government's efforts.

SeaYoda:
I'm sure we'll be going again and you're more than welcome to join in.

I'll certainly keep an eye here in the Conch area as to future dives. Thanks! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom