Dacor Closing UP??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
This is very unlikely in a business with a strong customer service focus. Even if Dacor does go tits-up I'm sure that Mares would continue to make replacement parts available for the useful life of your gear. Don't sweat it.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Dacor going out of business. Mares didn't buy the Dacor name for nothing. I suspect is just a rumor.

R..

Very interesting phrase...LOL

I just contacted Dacor directly and asked. The guy I spoke with just beamed up from the mothership and was still in a cloud. He said a rep will contact me soon. We'll see.

Gary D.

So does this mean no more HUBS???? Lets all pray.

I have been ringing the warning bell about Dacor for somtime now. HEAD SPORTS owns both Dacor and Mares. They are currently two independent divisions. Dacor has started to distance themselves from their older lines of equipment. The talk is that a merger between the two divisions is in the works ..... it will save HEAD lots of money to run them as just one division. Look for just one Mares/Dacor company at DEMA in the comming year. HEAD will try to put a positive spin on it saying "it's in the customers best interest" and by doing this the "customer" will get better service and a better product for their money. DON'T BELIEVE IT ....... they want to save money and sell more new products. All you MARES regulator owners better take note. Your beloved regulator may go the sameway as the Dacor Pacer lines if the Mares/Dacor company changes direction again and starts putting out a "new and improved" line and parts for your current model will begin to dry up.

scubapro50:
I have been ringing the warning bell about Dacor for somtime now. HEAD SPORTS owns both Dacor and Mares. They are currently two independent divisions. Dacor has started to distance themselves from their older lines of equipment. The talk is that a merger between the two divisions is in the works ..... it will save HEAD lots of money to run them as just one division. Look for just one Mares/Dacor company at DEMA in the comming year. HEAD will try to put a positive spin on it saying "it's in the customers best interest" and by doing this the "customer" will get better service and a better product for their money. DON'T BELIEVE IT ....... they want to save money and sell more new products. All you MARES regulator owners better take note. Your beloved regulator may go the sameway as the Dacor Pacer lines if the Mares/Dacor company changes direction again and starts putting out a "new and improved" line and parts for your current model will begin to dry up.

Life is tough...

scubapro50:
As I posted on another thread, with an addition, the only way to make the market work is to do our research and then vote with our feet.
Someday the internet will work for us to its potential. If we do our part and act (by not acting?), better massive mailings. Could happen someone might read them who isn't afraid to tell their boss the bad news.
NAH!
Head Sports, Huh?
You think they have anyone who reads scubaboard?

Tom

We have not seen a Dacor rep in nearly 2 years - not since the last one left like a rat abandoning a sinking ship. Last year we did get catalogs, but the average order took about 5 months as most of the important stuff was badly back ordered. This year we have not even received any catalogs. None of this inspires any confidence that Dacor will be around much longer.

Gary D.:
I just contacted Dacor directly and asked. The guy I spoke with just beamed up from the mothership and was still in a cloud. He said a rep will contact me soon. We'll see.

Gary D.

Nomaster:
As I posted on another thread, with an addition, the only way to make the market work is to do our research and then vote with our feet.
Someday the internet will work for us to its potential. If we do our part and act (by not acting?), better massive mailings. Could happen someone might read them who isn't afraid to tell their boss the bad news.
NAH!
Head Sports, Huh?
You think they have anyone who reads scubaboard?

Tom

I'm pretty sure they do.

scubapro50:

Your info is just wrong. Mares/Dacor has been one single division for almost two years. Internally, Mares first stages are all interchangeable going back about 15 years, and parts are still made going back longer. Modern Dacor regs are now made the same way. The only way that parts will "dry up" is if the entire company goes out of business. Try getting parts for your Tekna.

Back
Top Bottom