Dacor Closing UP??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what is a "modern reg."? My 5 year old Pacer is not being supported with parts NOW. Try to get any sort of answer back from Mares/Dacor. If you do you've got better luck than I do. I hope the whole company goes out of business. I'll take all my business in the future to someone like Zeagle that will actually answer you when you contact them.

dacordiver:
Your info is just wrong. Mares/Dacor has been one single division for almost two years. Internally, Mares first stages are all interchangeable going back about 15 years, and parts are still made going back longer. Modern Dacor regs are now made the same way. The only way that parts will "dry up" is if the entire company goes out of business. Try getting parts for your Tekna.

Three words
Economies of scale, which means businesses are getting gobbled up everyday. It is the business model of the age, and it's not going to change anytime soon. As capacity/market shrink so do the mfg's.

dacordiver:
Your info is just wrong. Mares/Dacor has been one single division for almost two years. Internally, Mares first stages are all interchangeable going back about 15 years, and parts are still made going back longer. Modern Dacor regs are now made the same way. The only way that parts will "dry up" is if the entire company goes out of business. Try getting parts for your Tekna.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Dacor/Mares is sill maintaining two seperate catalogs and their mailing address and phone numbers are different (same town : Norwalk CT) ... Look for a hybred company in the future. Mares may become the "quality" brand where as Dacor will be the "basic" for the budget diver. I would expect a single Mares/Dacor book built on the blueprint that U.S.Divers/Aqualung had a few years ago. Mares does seem to be taking control of the direction that Head Sports have set for them. The two companies will have the same luck as Compaq/HP after their merger ..... they continued to loose market share to DELL because DELL really didn't build a better computer but had a better idea on how to run the business.

Take a look at E Bay ...... summer is over and Dacor regulators are being dumped big time ... want a deal ... Dacor 960 with gagues and oct $49 .... you may get a couple years diving with it before it selfdestructs.

scubapro50:
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Dacor/Mares is sill maintaining two seperate catalogs and their mailing address and phone numbers are different (same town : Norwalk CT) ... Look for a hybred company in the future. Mares may become the "quality" brand where as Dacor will be the "basic" for the budget diver. I would expect a single Mares/Dacor book built on the blueprint that U.S.Divers/Aqualung had a few years ago. Mares does seem to be taking control of the direction that Head Sports have set for them. The two companies will have the same luck as Compaq/HP after their merger ..... they continued to loose market share to DELL because DELL really didn't build a better computer but had a better idea on how to run the business.

Head USA is a publically traded company, you can look up the structure. There are four main divisions: Diving, Summer, Winter, and tennis balls. Just because they have two catalogs doen't make them separate entities.

("the rumor of my death is highly exaggerated" ...... MARK TWAIN) That may apply to the new company formed when HEAD STORTS purchased Dacor. Everyone loved the old Dacor Corporation .... but toward the end it was mismanaged and produced a lot of products which did not live up to expectations. Mares/Dacor still have a way to go to iron out the rough spots but their new exchange program for old Dacor regulators made before 2000 is a good step in the right direction. to find out more about this new program go to www.scubaboard.com/t110024-.html for more information

Make crappy gear... and sooner or later you go out of business... who buys Dacor???

ciera kid:
Heard a rumor that Dacor is shutting down operations. Anybody know anything about this, and if so are parts available and for how long or are we S.O.L. if we have Dacor gear? :blackbat: :pumpkin: :blackbat:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom