Dacor Rig Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by ericfine50
The Dacor Rig Pro is a BC that is for the "Techie" market. Do you really need 10 D-rings?

Actually, if 10 is not enough, I saw that the "The Rig" (an earlier version?) comes with 16! Two of them are plastic. Oh, and in another case of more is better, they claim 150(!!!) lbs. of lift.

Oops, sorry about those computer screens again. You shouldn't be drinking at the computer anyway! :D

Chris

Anyone want to comment on those "quick" release buckles?

Accident waiting to happen? Or we all really need to be able to get out of our BC 10 different ways?

Hmmmmmmm ...
:)

Re: Regarding the recall.

This recall happened last year and as you should know it was Sherwood/Genesis who asked for the recall which was affecting certain, not all, valves. In my OPINION I believe that the company did the right thing in order TO MAKE SURE to remove the chances of any POSSIBLE future accidents to divers.

Dive Rite II has also had recalls. So has Scubapro. So has OMS.
Just because there are recalls it does not render "that" certain product inferior. They probably were not aware of some future existing flaws and a recall allows the company to fix said discrepancies.

To advise you Genesis/Sherwood have garnered several best equipment/best buy awards from Rodales BECAUSE of how well they are built AND how safe the equipment is during diving. As a matter of fact their regulators AND computers have also fared well.

It is ALWAYS important to be well informed.

Scubakid

DaCor took a relatively fool-proof product, a BACKPLATE
and added their version of a "wing".

What I find most absurd is the catalog (divers discount?)
claim the "rig pro" has no frills. HA !!! NO ONE needs 10 d-rings.

For $700 you can buy a backplate, 2 wings and some webbing,
keepers and d-rings to create your own harness.

Just another gimmick laden "tech" BC designed around "fashion" rather than practicality. It's a marketing ploy at best.

:D

Mike

Man, I need one of those Dacor Rig Pro's!!!

When I start my next cavern class, I'm going to show all my students a picture of this BC and add the caption, "If you see someone wearing this BC, swim the other way!"

This is the fourth installment in Dacor's WishIHadAClue BC department.

I hate to slam any equipment manufacturer, but when you manufacture a piece of equipment for a "techie" crowd, you are jumping on a bandwagon. Check e-bay for the number of people who jumped out and bought a rig2 and dove it twice, then scrapped it and switched to another setup or quit diving all together.

I bought a rig 2 second hand for demo purposes. I have had students ask to try it due to it's "cool" look. They only try it once.

Thanks for the laughs Scubakid!!
That Halcyon and Dive Rite comment almost made me wet my pants.

Does anyone know where I can buy The optional spine pad for a Dacor Rig Pro? I live in the states and am told it is only available in Europe. Does anyone know where I can order one?

Heavylift1

I recently purchased a Dacor Rig Pro...with I think an aluminum backplate and a 70#lift cell...this thing is heavy, but I didn't really seem to be able to drop much weight...I'd like your thoughts, comments, etc. on this rig..
thanks,
Bobb

Back
Top Bottom