dads condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rabbitears

Reaction score
hello everyone and thanks so much for your prayers for my father..just wanted to ask everyone to keep the prayers coming as my dad took a turn last night..hes fighting an infection right now.they are having trouble keeping his temperature down.i am getting so frustrated sitting there not being able to do anything to help him,its just not fair here i am healthyand cant do anything to help him get better..didnt sleep much last night and i am so tired but i dont want to leave my dads room,he was there with my mom right to the end and she died in his arms..i remember that morning when he came to pick me up..i knew that she was gone without him having to say one word to me..il never forget the pain in his face and i didnt understand but now i do because i am feeling so hurt right now,i love my dad so much its tearing me apart not being able to do anything but sit there..everytime i hear a machine alarm go off in the room i jump..its so odd here i am surrounded by many people and yet i feel alone..im sorry for the long message i just needed to talk to someone..please pray for my dad and for me too as im having a rough time right now but i know that you are all with us right now and i will remember this for the rest of my life no matter what happens..you have shown me that people even though they are unknown to you can make a differance.. love .Chris

I know it must be really hard for you to have faith that everything will be allright, so maybe we can have that faith for you. What you are doing by just being there for him and showing faith and caring is all that someone like your Dad could ever ask for. Think about it, there are many people the world over that have people close to them that don't even care. You on the other hand are giving all the support and love that a father could ever dream of! We are all still praying for your Dad and for you. Keep up the faith, it's an uphill climb, but one that has lot's of rewards once you get there. A person in your situation can't be expected to be rock steady and have all the answers as to what is happening and why, all you have to do is to continue to love and support him. Remember that even two steps forward and one step back is still progress!

Thanks for sharing with us and don't ever think that you are laying too much on us, we care more than you know.

Later, Rob.

We'll keep praying, keep the faith Chris, we're here for you.

Hang in there, Chris. I know this is hard for you. You feel like you should be DOING something but you are by just being there. He can see you and feel your love for him and knows you are close.

You can say what ever you need to here with us...we're family, remember? I'll keep the prayers for both you and your Dad. Please take care of yourself, too. Eat when you should and try to get some rest. Sitting and waiting at a bedside is very hard on you physically as well as mentally, I've done it more times than I care to remember. You have to stay strong for you Dad so he won't be worrying about you too.

We're here when you need us.

It may not feel like much, but you are doing something for your dad that even the doctors can't do. Just be there for your dad, and it will do him a world of good.

People who have loving family members with them do better in the hospital. It's true. I'm sure it means a lot to your dad to know that you are there for him.

We'll keep up our support, but be sure that you stay in touch with your friends and family. You too need support to get through this until your dad is better.

Chris,you've done the most important thing already.You've shown your dad how much you love him.You've also shown him and us what kind of person you are .Believe me when I tell you he's very proud of the son you've shown him you are.We're proud too ,that you trust us enough to talk with us .We're also praying double -time.

glad to here he is going a bit better ,
i think hawk and 100days a year said all the words i could muster and yes you gotta keep
your self up too eat when you shuld even tho you dont really feel like it ,
yes if i had a SON ide want him to be as great as you !
our prayers are still on the way ,
wish we were closer to be able to help too bud ! just letting you know we are here
gods speed and god bless

Your dad is so lucky to have a son like you. Keep the faith, we will be praying and I hope you are too. I am sure your dad would want you to get some rest so he doesn't have to worry about you too. But being there is the best thing you can do for your dad right now. Rely on your friends and family (including your friends on the board.) and stay strong we are all there with you in thought and prayer.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom