Dan Grenier lost at sea.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitedragon13:
Can you ask Linda if she got any help from the coast guard?
Per Brad Doane, who just returned from Fiji, and Mike, who is still there, the USCG has not given assistance as of today.

linda

Doc Intrepid:
Good idea Doc about contacting congressmen in Illinois-I was considering doing that Sunday but thought I might have a hard time getting anyone.Did any one reach an Illinois Congressman?Let me know.I also like the idea of contacting our own state congressmen and women.How about we all call congressmen in our own/other states-how about a roll call of volunteers--name your state and congressman so we don't overlap......The coast Guard and other services has refused to become involved after multiple appeals by the family and myself.We can continue appealing but that may take more time than we have.Iam going to try the State Dept. on advice of a Coast Guard tip.......................There is news from Fiji today...Linda just told me that Danielle's BC washed upon an island in the Yasawa group in Fiji about 70 miles from where they were lost initially.Although Linda didnt have all the details and phone battery was low-evidently the BC looked like it had been damaged by the reef,but not by sharks.This still gives hope because the current was pushing them towads these islands,that one or both of them may be there,leaving the BC out might have even been a signal by them,and finally-Dan is the toughest son-of-a gun I've ever met,and he could keep them alive through all of this ordeal.Unfortunately,according to Linda,there's almost no search activity going on in this area due to the distance and difiicuty getting there.They need to get boats out there asap...and they could use funding help if anyone can donate anything.Linda will call me back with donation info tonight that I will post here.Thanks for everyone's help,ideas and support-Russ England

My name is Brad Doane and I am an old friend of Dan's and I am the one who just returned from Fiji to search for Dan and Danielle. I do not have the time right now, but in the very near future I will be informing everyone about the facts as we know them. I was there a few days after they went missing and have personally spoken with all those involved and have read all the witness statements from those who were on the boat at the time - a couple of those I will be speaking to on the phone very soon. I also personally searched in, on, and underwater for several days and have intimate knowledge of who did what and more importantly who did nothing. I strongly urge you to not believe anything you read on this or any other chat room unless it comes from myself or the screen name CHICOVAL or her husband, as I have been in direct contact with them. Any posts from anyone other than those mentioned above, AND ESPECIALLY GEORGE TAYLOR FROM BAMBOO BEACH RESORT should not be believed! It should be known that Dan and George had recently become business partners and that things had not been going well and Dan was very concerned about George's intentions. I have read Goerge's post on Dan's dissapearance and I was utterly disgusted! I can assure you that George Taylor has very little knowledge of this particular dive site (wouldn't be surprised to find he's never dived the site at all) and has even less knowledge of what happened that day. As far as I know, he was in Canada at the time and had not yet returned to Fiji by the time I left. For him to imply that Dan did not make "the smartest move" or that he was "lax" or "had it turned off that day" or would have done things any different if the guests had been from George's resort is presumptuous, miss-guided, ignorant and unconscionable considering he called Dan a "friend". Note all the references in his post to how much HIS resort did and how the diving with HIM would be safe. Sounds like a lot of covering his own a** to me. He may choose to repond to this with more accusations and CYA, but those who know Dan know the kind of man he is, those who know George know the same. Enough said.

I will get back to all of you ASAP.

Brad

It was great talking to you on the phone Brad-and from everyone,espcially Dan and Danielle's immediate families,their very large family of friends,and everyone who is following this search with concern-thanks for your hard work and devoted leadership in Fiji.After talking with Brad,it appears that its possible that in the next 24 hours or so,we may need a large infusion of donations to expand this search to where the new evidence is pointing-the Yasawa islands.I can't say for sure yet,but the search will likely have to be privately funded if we're to get it done right in a timely manner. So anyone that can help-or knows someone that can help finacially,contact saildivers website,and we wil make sure the money is used for the search.Thanks for all your help and support on behalf of Dan and Danielle.....Russ England MD...saildivers@hotmail.com

chicoval:
Per Brad Doane, who just returned from Fiji, and Mike, who is still there, the USCG has not given assistance as of today.

linda

Linda-

If the washed-up BC story is true, I'd call the numbers my major gave you AGAIN and see if the RCC can help out. He also said he gave you his cell number in case the USCG wasn't helping-true?

saildiver,

What's the website you're referring to? Is there any chance you could set up a PayPal account for people to easily donate to?

regards

Scubaroo
I think my husband was a little confused--he meant our e-mail address found in our profile (forgive him, he's operating on only 3 hours sleep nightly since we received word of this). Linda has asked us to manage the Search donations, but we have never done this before so any info on this Pal thing or any other way to do this would be helpful. The deal is that personal checks sent directly to Fiji take 2-3 months to get there and then another 3 months to clear. We obviously don't have that kind of time! If people do a cash transfer, there is a $30 fee, which may not seem worth it to people donating, say, $25 (which wil help). Options then become putting your donation on a credit card or sending it to the account we are establishing. We would then send the money when it was an amount warrenting the $30 fee. Let us know if you have any questions about this (or advice)...hang in there Dan and Danielle, we're coming!!!!
Chris England

saildiver:
Scubaroo
I think my husband was a little confused--he meant our e-mail address found in our profile (forgive him, he's operating on only 3 hours sleep nightly since we received word of this). Linda has asked us to manage the Search donations, but we have never done this before so any info on this Pal thing or any other way to do this would be helpful. The deal is that personal checks sent directly to Fiji take 2-3 months to get there and then another 3 months to clear. We obviously don't have that kind of time! If people do a cash transfer, there is a $30 fee, which may not seem worth it to people donating, say, $25 (which wil help). Options then become putting your donation on a credit card or sending it to the account we are establishing. We would then send the money when it was an amount warrenting the $30 fee. Let us know if you have any questions about this (or advice)...hang in there Dan and Danielle, we're coming!!!!
Chris England

Secure, reliable, efficient:

Pay Pal

http://www.paypal.com/

Best regards.

DocVikingo

If you are setting up a bank account, you should be able to hook a PayPal account directly to it so people can donate. If you would like help setting this up, I am happy to research it and then talk you through the setup. Email me: heather@69trout.net

DocVikingo:
Secure, reliable, efficient:

Pay Pal

http://www.paypal.com/

Best regards.

DocVikingo

manfish:
My name is Brad Doane and I am an old friend of Dan's and I am the one who just returned from Fiji to search for Dan and Danielle. I do not have the time right now, but in the very near future I will be informing everyone about the facts as we know them. I was there a few days after they went missing and have personally spoken with all those involved and have read all the witness statements from those who were on the boat at the time - a couple of those I will be speaking to on the phone very soon. I also personally searched in, on, and underwater for several days and have intimate knowledge of who did what and more importantly who did nothing. I strongly urge you to not believe anything you read on this or any other chat room unless it comes from myself or the screen name CHICOVAL or her husband, as I have been in direct contact with them. Any posts from anyone other than those mentioned above, AND ESPECIALLY GEORGE TAYLOR FROM BAMBOO BEACH RESORT should not be believed! It should be known that Dan and George had recently become business partners and that things had not been going well and Dan was very concerned about George's intentions. I have read Goerge's post on Dan's dissapearance and I was utterly disgusted! I can assure you that George Taylor has very little knowledge of this particular dive site (wouldn't be surprised to find he's never dived the site at all) and has even less knowledge of what happened that day. As far as I know, he was in Canada at the time and had not yet returned to Fiji by the time I left. For him to imply that Dan did not make "the smartest move" or that he was "lax" or "had it turned off that day" or would have done things any different if the guests had been from George's resort is presumptuous, miss-guided, ignorant and unconscionable considering he called Dan a "friend". Note all the references in his post to how much HIS resort did and how the diving with HIM would be safe. Sounds like a lot of covering his own a** to me. He may choose to repond to this with more accusations and CYA, but those who know Dan know the kind of man he is, those who know George know the same. Enough said.

I will get back to all of you ASAP.

Brad

Brad,
I am pleased to hear that you made it home safe. I am also shocked by your attack on me and the companies I represent. Dan is and was a very good friend of mine I take everything you said personal. For one thing if you are so knowledgeable then you spoke with Dans good friend and dive master, Georgie, Who must have told you that he told Dan not to do the dive that the current was some of the strongest he had experienced. It sounds like you are a pretty good "arm chair" quarterback and must have excellent hind sight. How good is your bank account? the companies I represent have spent over $55,000 to date on search and rescue. That is just on planes not boat and peoples time. Maybe you can step up to the bar here and put your money where your mouth is. It is noted that you managed to get The parents of the missing girl to fund a plane for you. You thought that 6 days after they are missing at sea, that is 19 miles off the coast, you decide to go back to where they went missing and search the same spot 10 boats and countless planes have searched. Brilliant!! don't know why anyone else didn't think of that first. The point here Brad is Dan is missing and he is the only one who has to answer for that. Your anger, finger pointing and "monday morning" quarterbacking served no purpose or does justice to Dans memory. Grow up and move on or
do what Dan and I have done. Go out and make a change in the world.
Regards,
George Taylor

Back
Top Bottom