DAN 'Preferred' Insurance PROBLEM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it my imagination, or is the topic starting to change?

Not since it went from a complaint about DAN to a comparison of DAN vs some other company and then to a discussion of other options in Canada...

I know someone whose husband had an injury before a huge dive trip and DAN only covered the husband's trip costs. The wife went on the trip alone since they had paid so much money and did not have travel insurance. They paired her up with others so she would not have to dive alone. That was quite a few years back so their policy sounds like it has not changed.
We recently had to cancel an Aggressor live aboard trip because my husband's heart went into Atrial Fibrillation :( and he was instructed by his doctor not to dive. We both had DAN Preferred Insurance that we believed had the trip cancellation covered. When we filed the claim, they only covered my husband's part of the trip. I am planning to appeal this decision. Has anyone else had an experience like this and/or can give me some suggestions on how to convince DAN that they should cover the entire cost of the dive vacation? I am appalled that the industry leader in dive safety would essentially advocate you going on a live aboard trip without your dive buddy by their choice to only cover half of the trip. Thanks for any help that you can provide:)!

The Preferred Plan does not cover the travelling companion. It's that simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom