• DAN - Master Plan

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • DAN - Standard Plan

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other provider

Votes: 16 7.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been thinking about it and figured now is as good a time as any. Took about 5 mins to sign up for the perferred.

I know my medical insurance will cover a portion 'cause a co-worker got a DCS II hit while doing her AOW in Hawaii earlier this year. :wacko: She had to raise a stink, but her ER, medevac and 3 X 8 hour chamber rides were covered to the limits of our group plan. In addition, I have benifits as a Native American. What this means is my Group Health pays their share and the Alaska Native Medical Center covers the deductible (WOW - I actually get to use a service my taxes pay for!) If I ever go someplace warm to dive where an "Indian Hospital" is not available, I will definitely buy the DAN insurance, though. My plan is to never have to use any of these bennies, but it's good to know I have them!

JeffG once bubbled...
The Preferred plan is not available to us Canadians, and if I get bent, I don't want to be Bent and Broke.

Just noticing that this is an older poll, but things may have changed. I am on preferred myself, and I am in Ontario.

If DAN Travelassist covers the evacuation and health insurance covers treatment, why purchase DAN's insurance? Is it for the increased limits over most healthcare plans?

I have the Preferred because if I get bent and need it I will continue diving in the future (if possible). Therefore, I didn't want any lifetime limits.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, has the Master. She would be likely to quit diving if she did a chamber ride.

I got the master plan, and have had it for the last five years or so.

I'm an Instructor, and I dont want to not be able to be treated. It is just a little bit of cash for some peace of mind.

I didnt think that the preferred was really worth it. I dont plan on getting bent at all, but, I think the master plan covers me well enough... I hope I will never come near the lifetime max...

Like many of you fellow divers that love the sport ,know matter what "Dan" coverage plan that you have, I think for the money you can not beat it.

Like everybody else, god forbid that i will not be the unlucky bent diver that would need it but if i do its their.

I also think that all divers should be encouraged to enroll.

Safe diving all::wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom